considering Slim and Save advice needed prior to ordering please

shyvon

I have been doing lipotrim on and off since Feb and just cant stick to it as I miss food too much even just something small, I am finding it really hard.

I need good losses so wondering is it worth doing 3 shakes a day and not having the protein or the 4 shakes a day.

If you do the 3 shakes does the not having the 100g of protein affect your weight loss or will you just lose more?

I was thinking if I can do just the 3 I could do 2 shakes and a meal packet every day at least I am getting a meal pack and can have 200g of the veg and thats my meal.

And also sorry to be a pain but what are the losses like compared to Lipotrim.

Thanks for reading:)

The losses are the same as LT etc whether you have 3 packs plus protein or 4 packs

If you're having 3 packs you must have the protein with it though :)

SNS is designed to be a 4 pack a day programme. You must have 4 packs to get all of the nutrition you need. As well as vitamins etc one of the other things you need enough of is protein. Your body needs 50g of protein a day (roughly). If it doesn't get that from what you eat then it uses your muscles - leading to muscle wastage and a reduced metabolism. An alternative to 4 packs is 3 packs, protein and a vitamin pill. You will lose weight just as quickly on 4 packs or 3 packs plus protein as you would on any other VLCD.

As weasey says, you need enough protein or your body will take it from your muscles. Bear in mind that your heart is a muscle! Not worth the risk. It's far better to use the packs as they're designed to be used.

Hi sorry, I have to just say that cardiac and skeletal muscle are quite different. Don't worry, make sure you exercise the recommended a,mount(adapted to the individual) and make sure it involves using the muscles (maybe resistance training lightly for 30 mins a day?)

Sorry wasn't meaning to butt in, a friend of mine did a vlcd a few years back and had the same worry, and I told her the same :) xx

This for the general muscle part... Not arguing the eating packs part of course that's a massive must :)

Just released this is the s&s forum! I am considering using it - that's why I'm here being all nosey :) sorry ladies lol xxx

Like everyone else said - I'd stick to whats recomended.
I vary a little.... some days I'll miss a pack or the protein, sometimes i'll have extra protein. I have done a VLCD before and really struggled having all the packs, getting to a point I was only managing one or two a day. After passing out in the middle of nowhere in the snow I can tell you - dont try messing with it!

Diets like this work because they are just what the body needs to remain healthy - nothing more or less.

Thanks for all the advice, have signed up and ordered the taster box so I can see what I think.

On another note on myfitnesspal how do you reduce the amount of calories it says you need each day?

On the website click 'goals' - you can adjust the calories and the level of carbs.

thanks Weasey

Back