Consitpation

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by blitz, 21 January 2007 Social URL.

1. blitz

blitz Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I know its a terrible subject but yesterday I suffered the worst I have every in my life (day 11). And yes I have been drinking loads of water minium of 4 litres a day, most days 5.

I have been taking fibre 89 with drinks and also psyllium husks caps but obviously not enough to help me. Finally managed to go after taking a number of movicol sachets.

But I do know I can never get that bad again. After reading some posts Ive read that some are taking 4 psyillum husks with every meal, is this ok because on the box it says 4 a day and 12 seems loads higher, I just wanted to check before I upped the quanity.

Any Help please??? because this is the one thing that could stop me unless I can get it right. Or could this also be because of the massive change in diet as well?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. punkass

punkass Silver Member

I take psyllium husks powder with each shake and every few days when i feel i must be "bunged up" lol I take Movicol

4. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Remember that the dosage recommended on the box / tub is assuming you're on a 'normal' diet with a degree of fibre included. On a VLCD we aren't getting anywhere near that amount.
    It's fine to take more than what's recommended to make up the difference: you're not digesting the PH - it's just 'bulking up and moving through'. Remember to take EXTRA water if you increase the amount of PH you're taking. Hope that helps.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.