Consitpation

blitz

Silver Member
I know its a terrible subject but yesterday I suffered the worst I have every in my life (day 11). And yes I have been drinking loads of water minium of 4 litres a day, most days 5.

I have been taking fibre 89 with drinks and also psyllium husks caps but obviously not enough to help me. Finally managed to go after taking a number of movicol sachets.

But I do know I can never get that bad again. After reading some posts Ive read that some are taking 4 psyillum husks with every meal, is this ok because on the box it says 4 a day and 12 seems loads higher, I just wanted to check before I upped the quanity.

Any Help please??? because this is the one thing that could stop me unless I can get it right. Or could this also be because of the massive change in diet as well?

I take psyllium husks powder with each shake and every few days when i feel i must be "bunged up" lol I take Movicol

After reading some posts Ive read that some are taking 4 psyillum husks with every meal, is this ok because on the box it says 4 a day and 12 seems loads higher, I just wanted to check before I upped the quanity.

Remember that the dosage recommended on the box / tub is assuming you're on a 'normal' diet with a degree of fibre included. On a VLCD we aren't getting anywhere near that amount.
It's fine to take more than what's recommended to make up the difference: you're not digesting the PH - it's just 'bulking up and moving through'. Remember to take EXTRA water if you increase the amount of PH you're taking. Hope that helps.

Back