Consolidation CONSO COMPLETED, DIARY CLOSED

Maybe you're like me with my stash of goodies from Belgium...

I am... I have a stash and woe betide anyone who touches... my other half has been known to eat packets of MY biscuits when I'm dieting, and the sell by dates are history, but he has "been told". TOUCH NOT!

I actually wonder whether I ought to stop bringing things back. French biscuits wouldn't tempt me as much!

Robin - yes you can get some English products over here, but the huge price mark up hurts!

Random? That's BEAUTIFUL!

But random! It's almost 7 1/2 years old (I was comparing the eldest and youngest at the same age to see if they really are as similar as most people say, so that's one of the first photos that popped up when I went searching on computer to put one up here). Nice lavendar though (sadly, not local to me but only an hour south, or so) and of course, not very seasonal either!

I am... I have a stash and woe betide anyone who touches... my other half has been known to eat packets of MY biscuits when I'm dieting, and the sell by dates are history, but he has "been told". TOUCH NOT!

I actually wonder whether I ought to stop bringing things back. French biscuits wouldn't tempt me as much!

Robin - yes you can get some English products over here, but the huge price mark up hurts!

I don't know, I have no idea how much a pack of Digestives cost in the UK but I don't find them any more expensive than the other branded biscuits (although too much packaging). Then again, I rarely buy branded goods as I reckon mainly you pay for the advertising. There are a few that I won't compromise on (and I try different brands first before deciding) but generally I buy supermarket's own.

I'm a biscuit snob... they've got to be right, else they're not worth the calories!

Boooooo, it's snowing and has been since last evening. Obviously, I didn't move the car, so that's stuck now until it clears a bit. Not that I want to be going anywhere - think gymnastics will be cancelled (by me!) this afternoon especially as the gym is in a village which is higher than our one.

No school transport, so all 3 are out playing in it - they have no interest in baking today. Next week it is to warm up and rain though, so no dodging it then!

So food for today.

PV conso with (a little) carbs

B - Dukan porridge, apple
L - tomato and lentil soup (no potato), 'fried' egg, bread and cheese
D - soya 'meatballs', ratatouille, tangerine

Hi Jet, am fine. Wish the snow would clear! Hope it's not bothering you too much.

Conso (half way through today!) PP

B - porridge
L - ham omelette, fromage blanc
D - tuna 'mayonnaise', white fish with prawns

Hey the tuna 'Mayo' good idea - I need something to liven up my salmon tonight. I've also got some crayfish tails in the fridge but they're reserved for a nice meal at the weekend (to make a lobster go further...)!

Just had a glass of home made 'drinking' yoghurt: it's too cold so my yoghurt didn't set properly! I suppose I could cook with it too.

Shame about your car - but you probably wouldn't want to be driving it anyway? I walked to work today, after a nasty fall last year I'm much more mindful about snow& ice and cycling...

Good news, the snow is melting (slowly). Been out for a walk and all I could hear was the drips of water - it's nice, blue skies out there too. Downside, it will be frosty tonight and the roads will be icy tomorrow.

So, fingers crossed - no more snow (please).

(And we have our mountains back!)

Attachments

• PC020145.jpg
    PC020145.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 43
beautiful... is that a view from your property?

More snow due today:(. None overnight, but it was so cold there's no way it was going to snow, it's very icy out there. No school bus yesterday or this morning (another Mum taking them in and I'll take charge of her younger ones at lunchtime so that she can bring them home).

On a more positive note, I have put on 300 gr, back to 63.5 which is where I was when I started conso 7 weeks ago, so am pleased with that. Hope to maintain or stay 200gr either side from now on.

Plain PV conso with extra fruit today

B - porridge
L - pork steaks with fromage blanc sauce, green beans, tangerine
D - white fish with prawns, carrots, bread and cheese
S - orange

Will catch up with everyone later, no time just now...

Hey well done you're finding the right balance!!

Thats great news that over 7 weeks youve managed to stay pretty stable. Its interesting to see the ups and downs for both of you.

We'll see how I am after the next 7 weeks!

I think it's down to fluke as I've not been nearly as careful as I should have been, but as I have my daily cheese, I've not been tempted to eat the whole camembert either (although have had too much on a couple of occasions). Also, am off chocolate. Cheese and chocolate were the problem foods, we've always eaten pretty well (healthily) apart from that, I just have to avoid the overeating of the above and hopefully I should be OK once on phase IV.

Must stop buying digestive biscuits - husband ate 8 yesterday. He's lost 13 kilos (plenty for him) and won't go onto conso properly:sigh:. Told him he's out of ketosis now (with the biscuits) and he may as well have proper carbs instead.

Anyway PV conso with a little (naughty) carbs

B - porridge, tangerine
L - chicken and veg with fromage blanc/mustard sauce, rice cake and cheese
D - steak with pepper sauce (fromage blanc), green beans
S - 2 digestive biscuits

It's warmed up slightly and is blowing a gale out there - the snow is melting at high speed:D. Managed to get a lie-in this morning - lovely!

PV conso, extra fruit no extra carbs (not active enough to need or deserve them!)

B - fromage blanc, tangerine
L - steak (defrosted too much yesterday) with carrots and spinach, rice cake and cheese
D - veg soup, omelette, apple
S - dukan cake (we had SIL and family here, so thought I'd better make some cake)

Wow you are so restrained! Weekends are always my disaster zone! (about to post my diary)

Have a good week and hope it's all back to normal without the snow.

Haha, I'm not restrained by nature, I think this diet has done wonders for my mental state of not overdoing things. Helps that I'm not fussed by biscuits, etc (even if I'm baking). I've had the odd digestive here and there though, but I can stop after a couple. Chocolate is dangerous though - I need to finish the bar (so will be buying individual portions from now on if I want some).

So today's offerings

PV conso with carbs

B - Non Dukan-friendly waffle (without sugar added), apple
L - smoked salmon scrambled eggs, green salad, bread and cheese
D - hardboiled egg whites, spinach with white sauce and (a few) fat-free croutons
S - Dukan cake

Tuesday's menu - gala meal day
B - porridge, tangerine
L - chicken and veg, fromage blanc
D - ham, parma ham and various other smoked meats, potatoes, raclette cheese (possibly not a good choice, but the cold weather just gone had the kids asking for it), apple

Last edited:
Morning!

Another mild day out there, hope it lasts (don't think it will though).

Enjoyed my extra cheese last night, but didn't enjoy the parma ham, etc (too salty) so that's another change to my tastebuds. Had a bit much cheese:eek: so won't have any today.

PV conso with carbs
B - porridge, tangerine
L - curried something (possibly tuna) and a little rice, fromage blanc
D - omelette and green beans, apple

Morning Laura, glad you are thawing out at last! You are doing so well on conso - an inspiration to people like me!

Back