Constantly putting on weight

Lulu123098

Hi everyone,
Just need some help really. I weighed myself the other day & was 14stone 2lbs. Absolutely mortified I feel disgusting & horrible.
As in lock down I’ve been doing long 6-10 mile walks every other day & started running now too. I’ve been doing 2 5k runs a week. I have been cooking all my food from scratch to try and be healthier and following some people’s recipes on instagram who do slimming word. Problem is i don’t see any results if anything I feel worse. Tried taking some photos to help me be more determined and I just want to cry at the pictures instead. I’ve tried looking at reasons why im not even shifting the slightest bit, things like stress and muscle gain are on there, yes Im always stressed and yes I been doing more exercise but I’m actually getting so down about my disgusting weight and look I feel like binge eating because me actually putting some effort in isn’t working.
Sorry about the rant
Please any help is helpful
Also tried shake diets and meal replacements I end up so hungry it kills me.
And tried a food diary even following a friends diary who’s smaller than me still no results.

1st amount of results I got was a personal trainer, I trained every day & did exercises I can’t do at home & cost me £600
This is not realistic to my life

please help xxx

Welcome Lulu to MiniMins :classic_smile:

First of all I would give you an A for being so fit and on keeping your exercise up during lock down.👏👏👏

The whole idea of meal replacement diets is to get into ketosis quickly which then helps to blunt the appetite...you can do the same with low carb high protein meals. It’s all about finding your sweet point with carbs, some people can find keeping their carbs under 100 does the trick...then others can be very sensitive and have to cut carbs as low as 25 to blunt their appetite.

Slimming World’s SP plan does the same thing but less restrictive...if you look on the link below to Slimming World eats
has a good selection of meal plans you could try.

You are more than welcome to start a diary in any of the diary forums.

Hi everyone,
Just need some help really. I weighed myself the other day & was 14stone 2lbs. Absolutely mortified I feel disgusting & horrible.
As in lock down I’ve been doing long 6-10 mile walks every other day & started running now too. I’ve been doing 2 5k runs a week. I have been cooking all my food from scratch to try and be healthier and following some people’s recipes on instagram who do slimming word. Problem is i don’t see any results if anything I feel worse. Tried taking some photos to help me be more determined and I just want to cry at the pictures instead. I’ve tried looking at reasons why im not even shifting the slightest bit, things like stress and muscle gain are on there, yes Im always stressed and yes I been doing more exercise but I’m actually getting so down about my disgusting weight and look I feel like binge eating because me actually putting some effort in isn’t working.
Sorry about the rant
And tried a food diary even following a friends diary who’s smaller than me still no results.

1st amount of results I got was a personal trainer, I trained every day & did exercises I can’t do at home & cost me £600

please help xxx
Welcome Lulu
Theres lots of support here. I’m doing SW by myself having previously done it in the past, started on 30th April so still quite new to my journey too. Good luck!

Hi everyone,
Sorry about the rant

please help xxx
Hi Lulu

Well done for keeping fit during lockdown, you put me to shame!

It might be a good idea to pick an eating plan/diet and following it strictly for a month to see if that gives you a loss. Mixing and matching different plans could mean you end up eating a bit more than you need and therefore not losing what you’d like.

All diets, pretty much, work if you stick to them, so pick something that appeals to you and you think you can stick to for a month. Things such as low carb are easy to do at home without support, Slimming World or Weight Watchers are both running online at the moment etc. There’s no point in doing meal replacements if you know in your heart it’s not right for you.

Remember too that exercise is brilliant for toning up, getting fit etc. but won’t make you lose weight by itself. Adding in a healthy eating plan alongside the exercise will hopefully give you the results you’re looking for.

Good luck!

Back