Constipated?????????????????

Rubydebi

HI all, sorry for the gruesome post but I have just realised i havent been to the toilet for a week since i started the diet!!!
I dont feel constipated or bloated which is odd but i wondered what i could take to make me go!!! Any ideas?? anyone else had this similar problemo?? x

Movicol is the one thing that helps me. I get horrible cramps on senokot or dulcolax, so i prefer movicol myself :)

If you do a search in the SW boards, we've discussed this many times. You may find a solution which could help.

Thank you!

i take movicol and fybogel as i have ibs, but you should take small glass prune juice in the morning and night and it will work wonders good luck xx

Not sure prune juice is on the list of SS+ foods... :)

You also don't need to search the SW forum for this one - it's been discussed here on the Cambridge forum many many times. :D

As you're already bunged, senna or Dulcolax may be your first resort (but be careful with the Dulcolax because it can be fierce and cause some jolly painful tummy cramps. It is however incredibly effective!). Alternatively Movicol works really well but is quite expensive unless you can persuade your doctor to prescribe it.

Prevention is better than cure on this WOE, so if you find you're prone to constipation it's worth asking your CWPC for the Cambridge soluble fibre - you mix it with shakes and soups.

Hope you get yourself sorted!

My CDC recommended Benefibre (same as CWP stuff but cheaper) and it's brilliant. You stir a couple of spoonfuls in to any hot or cold drink through out the day - can't taste, smell or see it - twice a day and within a day... well... problem solved!

Back