Constipation and Milk of Magnesia??

Sally Morrison

Been having issues going for the last week or so, in fact on and off for the last month!

A friend said Milk of Magnesia for a good result without cramping or urgency!

I took the recommended laxative dose last night but nothing this morning apart from a lttle gas!..
mad.png

I have taken another large dose (two capfulls about 35/40ml) just before lunch and have had lots of water.

I'm now back at work but getting really loud gurgles and feeling masses of movement in my stomach, is it possible I have had too much or not enough? :eek:

I'm worried what may happen as I can't get to a loo that easily at work. Or worse on the way home later??

any experiences??

I've tried a large dose of milk of magnesia and it didn't do anything for me. Plus is tasted bleurgh!

Krupskaya- sorry to go off topic but WOW what an inspiration your signature is .... I'm havin such a hard time at the moment but just looking at your progress has really motivated me. Your start weight end weight and goals are very similar to mine and your nearly there... in 5 months WOW! Thank you for been such an inspiration.

Krupskaya- sorry to go off topic but WOW what an inspiration your signature is .... I'm havin such a hard time at the moment but just looking at your progress has really motivated me. Your start weight end weight and goals are very similar to mine and your nearly there... in 5 months WOW! Thank you for been such an inspiration.

Thankyou hun, that's such a lovely thing to say. You've made my day now! x

Hello Sally, Just saw your post, actually I just had great results from MoM, see my post today, don't combine it with other laxatives though!

LOL, toilet humor just up my street (its the nurse in me) the gurgles are the passage of water into your stool and retain that water that is there, this stimulates the nerves in the bowel, it will make things move! it depends upon how watery the contents are as to your "holding" capacity !! sorry its making me chuckle as liquid poo=no warning

LOL, toilet humor just up my street (its the nurse in me) the gurgles are the passage of water into your stool and retain that water that is there, this stimulates the nerves in the bowel, it will make things move! it depends upon how watery the contents are as to your "holding" capacity !! sorry its making me chuckle as liquid poo=no warning

Felicity..LoL

I wish I had consulted you before I took Movicol and then in haste when it didn't work immediately took Milk of Magnesia the next day...

I had exactly the effects you describe including the "liquid=no warning".. :eek:

Was in Tesco and had to drop everything and RUN!.. I can add liquid also = "no control!"..lol TMI, good thing I keep Vanish for emergencies!..lol

Good thing my Mum is also a nurse and I grew up laughing at potty issues, even my own!..lol So funny after the event but not so much at the time!

Jan

Last edited:
Back