Constipation/Diarrhoea

Booboo1

Hi there,

Been on Lipo for six weeks now and was on for six weeks last year. I seem to go from needing to take a Dulcolax to being afraid to leave the house in case I have to rush to the loo - nothing in between. I've even had accidents where things "happen" with no warning. It's very embarrassing even writing this - but just wondering if this is common?

I'm drinking the right amount of water, taking my shakes properly and I'm not talking about having diarrhoea after taking the Dulcolax which I take about once a week when I have to; is it just me?

19stone 3lbs :eek:
week 1: -16lbs :) (1 stone gone)
week 2: -3lbs :)
week 3: -8lbs
week 4: -3lbs
week 5: - 5.5 lbs (16 st 9.5 - 2.5 stone gone) :D:D:D :talk017::party0019:

Last edited:
No you're not alone,.... I'm not leaving the house today (if you catch my drift) and some days its the other way around. I think thats just something we'll have to put up with. Small price to pay for being slim I guess.

hey Booboo Im going through exactly the same thing at the moment so no its not just you. I have been taking senokat and it does take a couple of days to work but it doesnt seem to be working for me this time.

Its a horrible feeling to be in, but if you can pick a day where you dont have to go out that door (just in case) take the ducolax and hope for the best. Im even bringing spare underwear with me to work just in case something horrible happens.

Take the fibreclear also. It is pure fibre and so will bulk the bowel. Then take senecot maybe every 2nd day and that is much more gentle than dulcolax. I have been doing that for over a week now and I now have normal poos!!!! Yipee!!!!

Hi there,

Been on Lipo for six weeks now and was on for six weeks last year. I seem to go from needing to take a Dulcolax to being afraid to leave the house in case I have to rush to the loo - nothing in between. I've even had accidents where things "happen" with no warning. It's very embarrassing even writing this - but just wondering if this is common?

I'm drinking the right amount of water, taking my shakes properly and I'm not talking about having diarrhoea after taking the Dulcolax which I take about once a week when I have to; is it just me?

19stone 3lbs :eek:
week 1: -16lbs :) (1 stone gone)
week 2: -3lbs :)
week 3: -8lbs
week 4: -3lbs
week 5: - 5.5 lbs (16 st 9.5 - 2.5 stone gone) :D:D:D :talk017::party0019:
Hi hun... Yes, i have had accidents tooo...try taking them a 6pm at night so you wake up and do your bit then it stops. If it doesnt stop change to senekot as they are not as strong xxx Hope this helps xxx

I swear by Dulcolax so last night I took 2, 4am I have never had such stomach ache, pain, cramps in my life and talk about eyes of needles my temperature went through the roof I was splashing cold water on my face I put a mates number on the ready on my phone as the room was closing in, it was just like food poisoning I once got in Nigeria. I was petrified but after 20mins it eased and I returned to my bed. Think I will take one tab next time! x

Definately one tab at a time LOL.....I "learned" to take it before bed and it means you are all sorted by the am and have a day without worrying of that terrible rush....(nothing worse!!)

I too have had problems in the toileting department, and have taken several preparations to help me go, but the only one that has done the business is the ducolax, like what has been said, i took mine last evening and am glad to say had a good clear out by this morning. My oh said I was full of sh*t (joking), but not now.:D:D:D

Hi there,

I know what you mean about the Dulcolax; I took one at 12.00 yesterday thinking at least I'd go before bed (I can't take one last thing at night; I made that mistake before and nearly got caught out on the school run!) and ended up awake at 2.00 a.m. thinking I might be going into labour!!! ;)

I do take the Fibreclear, one spoon a day. I'd up it but God it's so dear here; 12 euro a tub. I might try the Senokot.

What I meant about the diarrhoea, though, wasn't to do with taking laxatives; it's just that sometimes without taking anything at all I can have an accident without even realising I need to go; I had one in work (thank God I was on my own, it was a Saturday, and I always have a change of clothes under my desk just in case I get a period or spill something). It seems to be one extreme or the other.

Back