Psyllium husk amounts in shakes?

Hi,

First time on Exante and on week 2, lost bang on a stone in week one, so am going to keep at it, but one thing that is causing me problems is constipation, and without going into too much detail, enormous, rock hard poos!

I've got some dulcolax and psylium husk powder and I was wondering about the quantities I should be taking and when I should be taking it. The exante website says:

"Supplements such as a few table spoons of psylium husk’s (available from health food stores), will help draw water to your colon, aid bowel movement and can help constipation."

The PH itself says to take half a scoop in up to 500ml of water. This seems like a large difference in amounts?

The other thing is, I've read that taking it close to medications can stop them working properly, something to do with how it makes you absorb them. So is it OK to add it to a shake as a source of fibre or does it zap the nutrients from it?

Thanks and apologies for the too much info at the beginning!

Hiya Dave, good on you for getting through the first 2 weeks. I've used husk capsules in the past...two per Exante pack did the job....so to speak ha! Didn't affect my losses and I'm sure it doesn't deplete vitamins etc.

The scoop one is revolting.
I find dulcoease helps. Only need 1 every day or two.

Back