Constipation Help Help Help

JudeBo

constipation seems to be the biggest problem for me with the Lipotrim diet. I have asked before about what you can take and was informed ducolax which I then got from the chemist. I have been taking two everynight for the last 5 nights and nothing:eek: any other suggestions from anyone? and has anyone else had such a problem!

There are several types of laxative that you can buy without a prescription. The main types are:

bulk-forming laxatives, such as wheat bran and ispaghula husk

osmotic laxatives, such as lactulose and macrogols

stimulant laxatives, such as senna and glycerol suppositories

faecal softener laxatives, such as arachis oil and liquid paraffin

All should be taken with plenty of water...

Dulcolax is a stimulant ie it stimulates the bowel... Speeding them up

It could be that your problem is further up or further down so you need to try other methods also...

Osmotic increases the amount of water that is in your faeces making them softer and easier to pass

Bulking does exactly what it says bulks the faeces and this then encourages the bowel to move

Sometimes you may need to take a combination if it us that bad... But don't forget the most important thing... Your not eating any where near as much as you used to, so will need to go less often

Good luck and I hope that info helps... It certainly helped me to know the difference x

Could try suppositories if it gets really bad love. Can get them in supermarkets x

Hi JudeBo :)

Have you tried FibreCLEAR? Both of the pharmacies that I've been to for Lipotrim stock it especially for Lipotrim users and it's on the Lipotrim website also. I've not been constipated on the diet, but I've always had one serving of FibreCLEAR every day or two in one of my glasses of water. I hope you feel better!

Fibreclear won't work if your constipated... It's something you take so you don't get to that stage... Can't believe you've taken so much dulcolax and it hasn't worked! It's deffinately dulcolax not dulcoease you've got? If dulcolax doesn't work I'm not sure what will... Ask your chemist or gp I think.... I'm now taking movicol and go everyday.. Its great!

Lost 27lbs in 5 weeks :)

Hi thank you everyone for all the information. I am quite aware of all the different products you can get for constipation but was thinking that you would not be able to take them all on this diet. When phoned for fibreclear was informed it is only to be taken in the maintainance! As a couple of people said movicol I have gone and got that and believe it or not took 8 packets yesterday and some movement but not as much as you would expect!!!! I will not take everyday while on this diet and see what happens. Thanks again

When phoned for fibreclear was informed it is only to be taken in the maintainance!

I know you can definitely have FibreCLEAR when you're on the Pharmacy Programme. I e-mailed Lipotrim to double check for you and they confirmed it's fine.

This is from the Lipotrim website:

"FibreCLEAR consumed with plenty of water may be particularly beneficial to people prone to constipation and dieters on the Lipotrim Weight Management programme. Please note that FibreCLEAR is not a laxative.

FibreCLEAR can further benefit dieters by helping to stabilise blood sugar levels, thereby fighting the snack cravings that are the downfall of so many weight loss diets."

I know it won't help you until you're feeling better, but it should help you not to feel so bad again. :)

Thanks Noitulove the pharmasist is ordering some FibreCLEAR as he has not got any but he told me that I must NOT take Movicol as it contains sugar! (had to take 8 packets to clear problem) so may have slowed my weight loss down. The only thing else he told me was Dulcolax so for anymore problems until I get the FibreCLEAR next week its back to the Dulcolax. Thanks for everyones replies

That's wierd mine said it was okay and loads of people on here have said they take it... But my weightloss has slowed this week.... Never seems to be a deffinate answer to these things!! Agh!!

yes seems to be a problem as different pharmasist give different advise! but mine was positive it was a no as contains sugar. Well I will give it a miss this week and see if it makes any difference. Jeni your weight loss has been good with it

Only been taking it this week and as far as I can tell the scales are saying 2lbs... So I guess makes sense!! And oh how I hate dulcolax!!! The fibreclear worked for me the first 3 weeks then Nothing!!! Grrr worse side effect of this diet for sure!!!!!

fibreclear does nothing for me, i've resigned myself to the fact that i'll have to take senekot twice a week to clear out! it gives me slight cramps but works none the less... i had suffered terribly from constipation, so much so that i felt like (excuse me if you think i'm being graphic) my backside was heavy and was in pain.... my chemist said senekot would be grand and so far i'm loosing and taking it so must be ok..

Back