Constipation (information & treatment options)

Last week I took a senna pill and it didn't work. I have introduced bars this week and as they are high in fibre I am hoping they will help. If not just bought 2 bottles of psyllium husks (on offer). I am worried about taking too many laxatives.

I have always suffered with constipation and i have been taking movical morning and night for 2 days and then stopping for 3 days and so on. Once i take movical i go from being very constipated to watery fatty stool. is that what is supposed to happen?

Wish I had that problem , everytime I have
My tea a soup round 7 pm within half an hour I am on the loo! Not constipated though of u get my drift ! Sorry to b do graphical but as there is not really any solids it is just like seeing :-( what is going on this is the third night on the run ( scuse the pun!)

pookie.. I had something similar last time I did CD and it turned out I was BOTH constipated and releasing water :eek: had to use a suppository in the end.. hope this isn't the case for you x

Pookie are we supposed to have watery stool? I go between that for a few days and then being constipated.

Is it powder? Does it taste/ feel strange? I'm going off psyllium husk at the mo.. whisks well in shakes but it's odd in soup/ porridge..

Enough said:
Is it powder? Does it taste/ feel strange? I'm going off psyllium husk at the mo.. whisks well in shakes but it's odd in soup/ porridge..

It's a fine powder, it mixes ok with a blender but leaves lumps if done in a shaker xx

Hi everyone :)

I'm thinking of doing the cambridge diet s.s. I've been prescribed fybogel by the docs (orange flavour) due to a few complications with childbirth :eek: Is this ok to take while doing s.s?

Hi everyone :)

I'm thinking of doing the cambridge diet s.s. I've been prescribed fybogel by the docs (orange flavour) due to a few complications with childbirth :eek: Is this ok to take while doing s.s?
not orange flavour NO as it as citric acid in it and will affect your weightloss... could u change it to a none flavoured one?

not orange flavour NO as it as citric acid in it and will affect your weightloss... could u change it to a none flavoured one?

Thank you!
I can :) ...I'll put in a repeat on monday & ask for the unflavoured one...i did think maybe it wouldn't be allowed because of that.

funny seeing my post from a few weeks ago saying I'd gone off psyllium.. I've since bought the cambridge fibre, used it for a bit, gone back to psyllium and now I'm Loving psyllium as the answer to all my problems! haha.. I went away for a few days and didn't take it with me - boy what a difference - I wouldn't want to live like that all the way through cambridge, that's for sure!

Enough - like you, psyllium is the answer to my prayers. I have become slightly obsessed with bowel movements - at one stage I thought that I would keep a written log but I think that this is a step too far!

Enough said:
funny seeing my post from a few weeks ago saying I'd gone off psyllium.. I've since bought the cambridge fibre, used it for a bit, gone back to psyllium and now I'm Loving psyllium as the answer to all my problems! haha.. I went away for a few days and didn't take it with me - boy what a difference - I wouldn't want to live like that all the way through cambridge, that's for sure!

Does using this affect weight loss, I need to try something as it is becoming very painfull!!

No it doesn't affect it at all. But only use as a preventative. If you're constipated already use a laxatives first to 'clear out'.

AnnieAnnie said:
No it doesn't affect it at all. But only use as a preventative. If you're constipated already use a laxatives first to 'clear out'.

Thankyou xxx

Back