Constipation on WI Day

Ellebear said:
I have ordered some Green tea with peppermint - will this be the same thing? x

I don't see why not... Green tea is good for your metabolism too x

I weigh in on Wednesdays and sorry if this is TMI but I always seem to be constipated on Wednesdays.. Other days I could go 2 or 3 times but on Wednesdays I feel like my pre-Slimming World IBS is back..
Anyone else suffer with this? I know it must be psychological

OMG!! went through weeks of this and i too also suffer from ibs!! I just seemed to move on naturally from it and don't think about it anymore! The more i worried about it the worse it got and in the end i wasn't going for day's i was feeling quite ill from it!! Got fibergel from docs, they helped when i needed them but don't need to bother now!! Let's hope as time goes on and you get more relaxed about weigh in day's things will get better for you, :sick0019::sick0019::sick0019: sent you this pic to help you on your way!! lol

Hi, happens to me all the time. It could it be that you're not drinking enough water? If you're like me you and try to let as little as possible past your lips on WI day, you may be dehydrated, which can cause constipation.

FYI, fresh pineapple always works for me! Sorry, overshare!!!

A glass of orange squash or a piece of fruit ,last thing at night works for me.Although , it doesn't work on WI day, until after I have been weighed!!.

I'm so glad it's not just me who suffers with the "can't go" just before weigh in. The following morning everything is "back to normal"!!

Will definitely give the peppermint tea a go and let you know how I get on!

I'm another one who never 'goes' on WI day - my son's theory is that it is IBS being triggered by the stress of WI - which I probably agree with.

I'm another one who never 'goes' on WI day - my son's theory is that it is IBS being triggered by the stress of WI - which I probably agree with.

Definitely without a doubt! I was speaking to an aromatherapist who said that "when you are stressed you hold everything in" - hence not being able to go! I can't go every single time I weigh in - but by the time I get home or the next morning I go no problem! Now I've just got to train my body not to get stressed - that's the difficult part! lol!

Definitely without a doubt! I was speaking to an aromatherapist who said that "when you are stressed you hold everything in" - hence not being able to go! I can't go every single time I weigh in - but by the time I get home or the next morning I go no problem! Now I've just got to train my body not to get stressed - that's the difficult part! lol!

When you learn how to not get stressed, let me know :)

When you learn how to not get stressed, let me know :)

Now that's the bit I haven't quite managed! lol! I think the hardest thing is I don't even realisd just how stressed I get at weigh in; until I come out with a really bad headache! Swapping to a morning group this week; hoping that won't give me time to get stressed!! lol!

Now that's the bit I haven't quite managed! lol! I think the hardest thing is I don't even realisd just how stressed I get at weigh in; until I come out with a really bad headache! Swapping to a morning group this week; hoping that won't give me time to get stressed!! lol!

I've been thinking of doing that myself, maybe I will check out when the daytime meeting are.

No, id be worried if I took it all the time! Not sure about the syns actually. Have only needed to take it once since starting 10 weeks ago x

No, id be worried if I took it all the time! Not sure about the syns actually. Have only needed to take it once since starting 10 weeks ago x

I take 3 different forms of laxative from the doctor and still can't go!:( Been seen by a consultant at the hospital about it and he said it is perfectly normal not to go for 2 weeks!:mad:

My mum has this problem and she has to drink senna leaves soaked in water every night along with the fruit tablets I posted and she now goes everyday... Try that x

My mum has this problem and she has to drink senna leaves soaked in water every night along with the fruit tablets I posted and she now goes everyday... Try that x

Does she get the senna leaves from Holland & Barrett?? Will definitely try that - it makes my life a misery!:cry: I'm going away to Disneyland Paris in September - really looking forward to the trip; but dreading the consequences of a complete lack of healthy food. Went last year and by day 5 I was in agony!:cry:

Back