Constipation on WI Day

Well done, that's a great result, even swapping pm for am, it wouldn't make that much difference. I agree with xxlisaxx, you need your HEX's. I remember I cut out my HEX's as I'm not a huge fan of milk and couldn't find anything HEXB that was wheat free or I liked - I gained! Couldn't believe it, SW Leader said it was because I hadn't had my HEX's. And you need your Syns for a little treat.

Still not been :sigh::sigh:, feeling big and bloated. Have been drinking peppermint tea, water, coffee, eating pineapple, what's going on? Think I'm stressing as it's my first week and worried that I won't lose at all even though I've followed the plan to the letter.

Oh, almost forgot Aliscrapper, I find that I really suffer if I eat potato that's been cooked, then cooled and either eaten cold (like in potato salad) or reheated (ready meals, pre-prepared mash etc). Cold pasta salad is also bad, although I don't have that now since finding out about my wheat intolerance. My doctor said they're resistant starches (you know when they go all gluey and sticky?) and IBS sufferers can often have an intolerance to them.

Well done, that's a great result, even swapping pm for am, it wouldn't make that much difference. I agree with xxlisaxx, you need your HEX's. I remember I cut out my HEX's as I'm not a huge fan of milk and couldn't find anything HEXB that was wheat free or I liked - I gained! Couldn't believe it, SW Leader said it was because I hadn't had my HEX's. And you need your Syns for a little treat.

Still not been :sigh::sigh:, feeling big and bloated. Have been drinking peppermint tea, water, coffee, eating pineapple, what's going on? Think I'm stressing as it's my first week and worried that I won't lose at all even though I've followed the plan to the letter.

Oh, almost forgot Aliscrapper, I find that I really suffer if I eat potato that's been cooked, then cooled and either eaten cold (like in potato salad) or reheated (ready meals, pre-prepared mash etc). Cold pasta salad is also bad, although I don't have that now since finding out about my wheat intolerance. My doctor said they're resistant starches (you know when they go all gluey and sticky?) and IBS sufferers can often have an intolerance to them.

Thank you! I do have 2 healthy b choices every day - usually cereal and a hi fi bar, fibre plus bar, alpen light bar or weetabix oaty bar. I don't like milk but I'm an absolute cheese addict so have 2 oz cheese every day as my healthy a choices.

I just didn't want to increase my 2 healthy b choices to 3 healthy b choices which is one of the ways they suggest of maintaining your target weight.

Let us know how you get on at weigh in - I'm sure it is the stress that is stopping you going - I couldn't go for love nor money yesterday and this morning; but as soon as I got in from weigh in - I went no problem!:mad: This seems to be a regular occurence with me not being able to go before but having no problems after I've been weighed!!:confused:

That's really interesting about what your doctor said about potato - thanks!

I'm weighing tomorrow, as I had a work thing on tonight (Wednesday's my usual day) so am going tomorrow instead. I have stuck to EE plan rigidly, so should be okay. I'll let you know! xx

It happened again.. all the peppermint and green tea did nothing!! Didn't go at all yday and as soon as I got up this morning.. Poop's your uncle! :D

Was yesterday your weigh in day?? It really frustrates me that I can't go prior to weigh in but as soon as I get home I have no problems!:mad:

Reading a book also helps ;)

there is always a book in my loo! I have been caught out a couple of times, forgetting to remove it when I had company over :eek:

not sure why it's so embarassing when loads of people read on the loo!

Beware of spending too long on the loo. It can cause problems with your pelvic floor and also cause piles!!

Now linseeds are good for constipation you soak a tbsp in hot water and add to cereal.... However it 3 syns!

Good luck for weigh in!
:bliss: Not only did I manage to go before weigh in (thanks to Celevac) but I also lost 4lbs! Absolutely delighted as that's taken me into the 11's. Even more determined to stick to plan again this week, although going out for dinner tomorrow night, so may give myself the night off...

Thanks for your support :thankyou:

:bliss: Not only did I manage to go before weigh in (thanks to Celevac) but I also lost 4lbs! Absolutely delighted as that's taken me into the 11's. Even more determined to stick to plan again this week, although going out for dinner tomorrow night, so may give myself the night off...

Thanks for your support :thankyou:

Your very welcome! Well done you - that's an amazing loss and even better as it's got you down into the stone below!

So glad the Celevac worked. I went to my GP yesterday and he has changed one of the laxatives I'm on. Going to change over to them next Tuesday night as if they don't work; don't want it affecting my weigh in on Tuesday morning.XX

Hi there, hope you got on okay at weigh in?

Just a pound off this week, bit disappointed as other than one meal that I Flexi-synned. Must stay motivated and focused!

wow all so helpful...such a small worl with this prob i thought i was the only one....i always felt so bloated on wi days! thanks!

I also have this problem! I shall be investing in some peppermint tea before next wi

Hi there, hope you got on okay at weigh in?

Just a pound off this week, bit disappointed as other than one meal that I Flexi-synned. Must stay motivated and focused!

Don't be disappointed - you lost 4 pounds last week - so that's 5 pounds in two weeks - that's an amazing weight loss! :clap::clap: They say 1-2 pounds a week is a great loss; and you've exceeded that!:D

I didn't make class this week as I've had some summer viral flu thing which has made me very weak and given me terrible stomach pain. :( I was a very naughty girl from Friday to Monday:break_diet:; but have got back on the Plan from yesterday hoping to minimise the damage before weigh in next Tuesday.

GP put me on different laxative - Bisacodyl 5 mg tablets. He said I could have 2-4 tablets every evening. I took 3 tablets the night before last and ended up with diarrhoea yesterday. Last night I took 2 tablets and still have diarrhoea this morning. I've never had a laxative give me diarrhoea in my life and it's obviously working so I might decrease down to 1 tablet tonight and see what happens.:confused:

wow all so helpful...such a small worl with this prob i thought i was the only one....i always felt so bloated on wi days! thanks!

I've found this thread very reassuring too; like you I thought I was the only one.

I did an aromatherapy course and the tutor said that when you are stressed "your body holds it all in" - which would explain why I can't go on weigh in day and as soon as I come home/the next day I have no problems going!:confused:

I do love how this forum helps me feel normal :D.

I've been IBSy all my life pretty much and there's definitely a psycological element to the not being able to go before WI; the only thing that helps is exercise (actually, exercise and a decent amount of water pretty much ALWAYS helps me with that side of things... it's the OTHER side of the IBS that I need to work through).

Back