constipation please please help!!!

Just to add here.

Please, do not take fibre supplements if you are constipated. It makes it worse.

You can take laxatives if you get constipation, and if it's bad, approach it 'both end' ;) glycerine suppositories and senna tablets.

After it's cleared, use a fibre supplement such as fibre89, fibresure or psyllium husks to prevent it happening again. Unlike laxatives, you can safely use these regularly :)

Also, don't take laxatives regularly as the body gets to rely on them.

Avoid ducolax when on Cambridge as it's too strong for a VLCD.

Think that's it :)

Thanks KD. I'm gutted i took some lactulose last night as i am in serious SS mode at the moment, nearing the end of this journey (and nearly starting the journey to successfully maintaining for life) and i don't want it to put me back and knock me out of ketosis but i was so desperate.

chelsea lou - your 3 hour toilet visit sounds horrendous! i used to be really precious about things like that, but last night i was oversharing galore with my friend as she was wondering why i was taking so long on the toilet! luckily she isn't easily phased.

this is controversial but i would so rather have the runs than constipation.

i have finally been after 3 days this morning (11.30am) but i have the most excruciating pain still in my bottom - anyone else experienced this? and if so whats the treatment??

anusol! it's been the same with me all day, i actually cant wait to get home and get some as i have been in pain all day with it. im afraid to go to the toilet it hurts so much!

chelsea lou - your 3 hour toilet visit sounds horrendous! i used to be really precious about things like that, but last night i was oversharing galore with my friend as she was wondering why i was taking so long on the toilet! luckily she isn't easily phased.

this is controversial but i would so rather have the runs than constipation.

Hahahahaha, horrendous just about covers it!!!!! I am now doing the Fibre 89 and things aren't quite so bad. Talk about a constipated mathemetician...........working it out with a pencil lol lol. I did wake Jess up to see if she could help but was met with total indifference to my plight!!!!!!!!!! Bless

anusol! it's been the same with me all day, i actually cant wait to get home and get some as i have been in pain all day with it. im afraid to go to the toilet it hurts so much!
Anusol helped me out, although I made Jess go and buy it :)
I can't believe we are talking so openly about such a subject and that is the measure of this forum and the support and camaraderie to be found on here.

i know! its so good to talk to fellow sufferers. *hugs*

If you ever heard that story about bobby brown and whitney houston - she was so blocked up that he had to ''manually'' help her out. used to seriously gross me out, but now i can kind of understand it! in fact, my boyfriend was bloody lucky i was staying at a friends house!

i know! its so good to talk to fellow sufferers. *hugs*

If you ever heard that story about bobby brown and whitney houston - she was so blocked up that he had to ''manually'' help her out. used to seriously gross me out, but now i can kind of understand it! in fact, my boyfriend was bloody lucky i was staying at a friends house!

Pmsl, I did look pleadingly at Jess with that in mind but she was totally unimpressed!!!!! Like I say, I was almost going to call for an ambulance, oh lord that would have been awful having to face paramedics with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you ladies - if only I had read this link last night! about 3:30pm I came home from work and needed the loo I finally went at 11:30pm!!!

I was in so much pain - i went to the theatre last night with my OH and his parents - the interval was very embarrassing as they had to wait for me!!!!!

off to buy anusol in case it happens again!

Back