Constipation

16to10

Now Maintaining :)
I'm feeling a little constipated. Could you recommend me something for it please? I would prefer it if it's something I can buy from the local chemist or supermarket.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will get some senakot tomorrow.

Hiya, I had the same problem a few days ago :eek:. Took 2 sennacot and they really did the trick. Not taking anymore chances, so I have some Cambridge Fibre now too. Not had probs since. Good luck! :)

Not really supposed to, but I had awful problems to start with, then started to eat half a pot of Activia a day and that works wonders and doesnt kick me out of ketosis

I take a fibre supplement everyday and its working brilliently, I have suffered on this diet in the past and am not taking any chances

Hi, i suffered really badly with this and read previous posts which recommended Movical, i bought some from the supermarket pharmacy and my goodness they work a treat :D (thee only time in my life me thinks when i can compliment on a public forum, bowel stuff!!). I thought senakot would bring me out of ketosis but have since read that is equally as effective.
Dolly x

Thanks for the replies all. Got some senakot today, hopefully it'll do the trick. :eek:

I got very bunged up before and took ducolax which is foul!

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/57501-ducolax-its-like-tiger-tummy-has-sharp-claws.html

I now start my day with a strong coffee mixed with a bit of banana or vanilla shake a splenda tablet and two teaspoons of physillium husks, followed by a cup of herbal tea. The coffee stimulates the bowel and the husks swell to form a gel, that not only makes me fill full but also has meant I have Had 'a movement' everyday for 3 weeks. I also make sure that at least 2 of my drinks during the day have husks in. I even quite like them in the soups as it reallythickens them. The husks also help reduce cholesterol and balance blood sugars, so that can't be a bad thing

Last time I didn't go for nearly 2 weeks and felt really bad.

Last edited:
What is husks ?

they are a fibre supplement and stool softener which helps to counteract the effects of this diet, I have been using psyllium husk capsules and they work a treat

You can get psyllium in 500g bags from health food shops

Back