Constipation!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by "This time", 25 January 2008 Social URL.

1. "This time"

"This time" New Member

Help, I'm half way through week two on CD and haven't "been" for six days. I'm drinking loads and swapping between variation of soups and shakes each day. What can I take - any ideas please, at this rate I'll be putting weight on.:sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh dear - I had this problem earlier in the week.... I popped to Tesco & bought extra strength senna. You only need to take 1 and they work 12-24 hours later. I got no nasty tummy ache or cramps taking them and I've been everyday since which was Wed... Hope you get on ok xxx

4. "This time"

"This time" New Member

Thanks for that - I will try the chemist tomorrow - haven't got a Tesco!

5. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh well you'll def get them in the Chemist, I've also started added a tablespoon of physilium husks (excuse spelling) which are a fibre product to my evening soup - which is also meant to help... I didnt really want to get into habit of taking laxatives so try that too x

6. "This time"

"This time" New Member

Someone said fibresure - do you know if that works? Cheers

7. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh gosh - I dont a ruddy thing about the technical side. If you check threads there's bound to be something on here - or do a post asking for further info luv x

8. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

PSYLLIUM HUSKS - FABULOUS !!!!

can buy them at

Nutrition for Life | Healthspan

couple of teaspoons in 2 of your shakes each day will sort you out !!

Debz xx

9. missgeorgie

missgeorgie Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Hey hun...I had that in my first week it is awful....don't worry tho it does get better so stick with it..My CDC gave me a powder that you put in your shakes/soups called Fibre 69 it really works and doesn't throw you out of Ketosis. You can buy it from you CDC for about 6 quid.

Good luck and I hope you are feeling better soon.
    x

10. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

You poor thing...I was the same and it was awful. Unfortunately the only thing that worked for me was Dulcolax which gives you stomach cramps!

11. "This time"

"This time" New Member

Thanks everyone - I'm off to the chemist now for a quick solution - then will get some of the husks.

12. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I was ok when I was taking the water flavourings (they have some fibre in them) but had a couple of 'not very nice visits to the toilet' and am now on Ducloease. Will let you know how I get on.....if you REALLY want to know!!!!

13. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

To be honest - the best thing I have found for this is "Sugar Free Mentos Chewing Gum - With Green Tea" ... the blue tub. It tastes great, freshens your breath, does not affect ketosis (leastways not me, and I seem to come out really easily), and if you chew quite a few it has a laxative effect!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.