constipation

Hedgehog

Gold Member
Hi Everyone

The one thing that is worrying me about this diet is that I am very susceptible to constipation, I forgot to mention that to my CDC. I usually prevent it with a high fiber diet and plenty of water. I am wondering if there is anything that I can use to help prevent it on CD?

Thanks in advance
H

Yes, try Dulcolax, or if you find that gives you too many gripes, Senokot Max. Many of us have to take it on a weekly basis, its just part of the CD life!

I've had to crack open the senokot, recently, complete and utter relief I can tell you! lol

Thanks for the replies, but oooh if I can, I want to avoid laxatives, I am looking for something that will help me prevent constipation :eek: I was hoping I could use fybogel, but I gather thats not allowed I dont want to use anything that will effect the diet..... I've been reading here about the PH how are they different from fybogel?

Thanks ;)

I recall reading on here somewhere that the non-flavoured Fybogel is ok to use Hedgehog so it might be worth having a search...do check though because I could be mistaken.

Hi Hedgehog, have you thought of trying Psyllium Husks

Psyllium husk or isphagula is the covering of seeds grown on the plant, Plantago Psyllium, which flourishes in the Middle East. Psyllium husk has long been recognized as an excellent means of getting more dietary fiber into a person’s diet due to its high fiber count in comparison to other grains. Oat bran, also a good source of fiber, has about five grams of fiber per a third of a cup. Psyllium husk, on the other hand, offers approximately 71 grams of fiber for that same third of a cup.

They can be mixed into your shake after you have whisked it and it makes a sort of porridge mix.

Good luck

Thanks for the replies, but oooh if I can, I want to avoid laxatives, I am looking for something that will help me prevent constipation :eek: I was hoping I could use fybogel, but I gather thats not allowed I dont want to use anything that will effect the diet..... I've been reading here about the PH how are they different from fybogel?

Thanks ;)

If you find you do get really stuck despite the Fibre89 and Psyllium, go for a Colonic :D that'll soon shift things!

Ha ha, I think if I get to the stage where I need to get a colonic I'll have to give up

I'll look into getting the PH thanks to everyone :)

Fybogel Natural (Green Box)contains citric acid so I would avoid. PH works well for me, hope you find the same!

Thanks aellon I will look for the PH in boots tomorrow :)

Back