Consultants - the good and the bad!

Ladies, some of the consultants here are described as being absolutely horrible. Don't feel afraid to report them to slimming world, even if anonymously. They are not allowed to treat members this way, it is against the rules.

A good consultant makes all the difference. Please please please try and move groups if you have a bad consultant (and report them to SW!)! It really does help when you find the right class and it all 'clicks' into place! I don't know what I'd do without my C!!!

wow, this thread does show a mix of the good and the bad , just shows to try dif groups if your not happy

My c is just the best. And has become a good friend too! :)

The only problem I have at the minute is that my consultant makes some young teenager weigh us in.
My problems with this is, last week was my first weigh in and I lost 5lbs!!! I was very excited for weigh in. But when a 12 year old girl just takes ur card out and hands u it back with no praise its defeating.
I also sat down to try and stay the full meeting but my 1 year old daughter just wouldn't allow it. Do I didn't want to upset the rest of the group a d left

I can't get a baby sitter for my daughter, which my consultant knows but in my last group the consultant took the weigh ins and offered everyone a well done or advice there and then if they showed a gain or sts. And to me that seemed a bit more one on one and professional. Some ppl have a phobia of their weight on the scales and out consultants are meant to be there for support and encouragement when it comes to the weigh ins. And this would make it worth my time paying for weigh ins and having 2 mins with my consultant at weigh in to ask for advice because I can't stay with my daughter.

So I yea I hate the fact that a 12 year old girl does our weigh ins and we don't so much as get an eyelash flutter

Aw well 12 years seems very very young to me. Is she your c's daughter? The only trouble with that as far as I can see is that the consultant can weigh people in if there is no-one on her social team to do it, ie short of people but if there are new members she will be busy at the new members table talking to them therefore would not be able to do w ins. At our group when I have done the weigh in once (I am normally on the shop) I always say a supportive well done to the member. You say "at the minute" so perhaps she is short of people willing to be on her social team to help. I think perhaps you need to have a chat with your c and explain you would like to have a few mins with her, or ring her up. The only time (in our group anyway) the c has time to have a one to one is in the meeting (IT). However, she is very approachable and would willingly speak to someone who was struggling or needed help, on the phone.Hope this helps :)

Hello I have been on and off slimming world for 5 years I know it like the back of my hand I am naturally a group leader and I am confident to stand in front of a group.

I have lost 2 stone on slimming world taking me down to 9 stone 5 pounds.

I have an interview to be a consultant next weekend.

BE HONEST!! How would u all feel having a 22 year old 9 and a Half stone lady as your consultant? Would u mind? Be intimidated? Wouldn't care?

I am a very nice person my full time job is looking after disabled adults so I'm naturally caring and I definitely dont judge anyone and take everyone as individuals and value each and every person.

Can I have your opinions on this please? Xx

I ended up quitting Slimming World because of a rubbish consultant.
this was two years ago now, trouble is she does loads of groups in my area too lol.
im now rejoining on Tuesday as a new class has opened so I'm looking forward to having someone new xxx

Hello I have been on and off slimming world for 5 years I know it like the back of my hand I am naturally a group leader and I am confident to stand in front of a group.

BE HONEST!! How would u all feel having a 22 year old 9 and a Half stone lady as your consultant? Would u mind? Be intimidated? Wouldn't care?

I am a very nice person my full time job is looking after disabled adults so I'm naturally caring and I definitely dont judge anyone and take everyone as individuals and value each and every person.

Your age wouldnt bother me.
i would feel more comfortable if i was a newbie, if you had before and after pics and you mention this in welcome meetings, that then means to me, youve been there and your wearing the T-shirt as your the end result, and it also show me , yes, i can do it

also if you do become a consultant, keep up today with the latest news and syns, and latest articles in the mag before the group, as my consultant hadnt read the new mag, doesnt know syns and that makes me a bit angrey , plus it makes her look silly as she our leader and she should know.

if there was a manager and they didnt help there staff or keep them updated on company info ect, HR would march her in the office.

so lead the group and help them with you exsperience and knowledge of everything you have learnt on your OWN sw journey. this will movitvate them and keep them positive and also show your approachable and also you know what your talking about

also when you get newbies, on the 2nd week, approach them on there own as ask how theyve got on ect ect,it shows you actualy care coz on my 2nd week , my consultant didnt have a clue who i was and she had given me the induction the week before

hopefully other will come along shortly with more stuff, hopefully you can put our tips to good use and you will be a top consultant :) xx

Yes that would be great all the help and tips I can get. I have been to a fair few groups until I found a c I liked so I know there are some bad ones out there. I just want to be a fab c and make everyone so proud with theirselves each week. Seeing my whole groups total weight loss would be so rewarding for me to know that I helped to do that.

I do have some before and after pics i can show. Being 10 and a Half stone to start with I dont look too much different but u can see a big difference in my face shape I think

Thanks for your help x

It would not bother me on bit rosie, so long as you were enthusiastic, commited, had empathy with members, and were the sort of person people could talk to. You sound the right person. And your weight would probably be a plus point as members will see what great results can be achieved with S W, specially newbies. I certainly wouldnt mind and wish you all the luck in the world. :)

Also when you start and have your social team in place, ask one of them to go and sit with new members! I do this off my own back and they say it helps them feel welcomed and part of the group. It also shows them that our group isnt cliquey! This is especially true if a new member has come on their own. Just a thought!

Also when you start and have your social team in place, ask one of them to go and sit with new members! I do this off my own back and they say it helps them feel welcomed and part of the group. It also shows them that our group isnt cliquey! This is especially true if a new member has come on their own. Just a thought!

thats a really nice idea @ hollys nan

i wouldnt mind either. youve lost 2 stone on slimming world and yes, there are bigger losses out there BUT youve still done it, and got to target and working hard to stay there. im 23 so having someone of 22 wouldnt bother me lol i dont know how older women/men might think but i think having a younger colsultant might encourage younger people to join? especially teenagers on the free2go plan?
as long as youre enthusiastic about the plan and will learn as you go along as a consultant, im sure you will be fine. good luck! x

this is a really good idea actually, especially for people who join on their own. alot of people at my group have joined on the back of the bring a friend get a free week offer, so have had someone to sit with already but i notice some people that join and are on their own seem to not come back!! lol unless they come back but dont stay to group. we do give them a welcome and stuff, our group aint cliquey either, ive never gotten the impression that its cliquey. there is the odd person who is a bit more loud and intimidatng than others, but none the less still very friendly once you realise its just her personality lol

Yes and staying at target is quite difficult. I think in some ways thats the hardest bit, but other would argue that point ! 2 stone is nothing to be sniffed at, its a lot of weight. Its just under what I have lost and I am proud of my journey and my weight loss and so should you. Even 1lb is an achievement, we should all be proud of our losses, no matter how small. Everyone has their own personal journey. Well done! :)

The only problem I have at the minute is that my consultant makes some young teenager weigh us in.
My problems with this is, last week was my first weigh in and I lost 5lbs!!! I was very excited for weigh in. But when a 12 year old girl just takes ur card out and hands u it back with no praise its defeating.
I also sat down to try and stay the full meeting but my 1 year old daughter just wouldn't allow it. Do I didn't want to upset the rest of the group a d left

I can't get a baby sitter for my daughter, which my consultant knows but in my last group the consultant took the weigh ins and offered everyone a well done or advice there and then if they showed a gain or sts. And to me that seemed a bit more one on one and professional. Some ppl have a phobia of their weight on the scales and out consultants are meant to be there for support and encouragement when it comes to the weigh ins. And this would make it worth my time paying for weigh ins and having 2 mins with my consultant at weigh in to ask for advice because I can't stay with my daughter.

So I yea I hate the fact that a 12 year old girl does our weigh ins and we don't so much as get an eyelash flutter

Having a 12 year old do the weigh ins is a completely ridiculous situation, and I personally would complain to the Consultant.
I once left a group because the C's daughter (who was only about 6!) would cry and whinge if she wasn't allowed to do the money!
Lately, at the group I attend, the WI person has a daughter who's about 12 or 13, and she practically sits on her mother's lap whilst people are being weighed, and makes a big deal out of looking at the weight displayed on the scales. I texted the C to say that this was completely innapropriate, and now the daughter has moved and sits in the horsehoe. If the C hadn't done anything, I'd have taken my custom elsewhere. Fortunately, I live in a large city and in my suburb there are loads of classes going on, led by lots of different Consultants so I can pretty much pick and choose. it must be annoying for people who live in an area where one consultant runs all the local groups.

I LOVE mine! shes fab lively and up beat and really friendly. she is always there for me at the end of a txt or call. She is top notch on stocking all the stuff. my only whine and its not even a valued one really is my group. they are lovely and wonderful but there are so many! i prefer small groups, Its a personal thing and not a reflection on my consultant or fellow slimmers.

Consultants are the lynchpin to any successful member, ive had three and its taken two years to finally be very settled in group. The first two consultants with whom I wasn't happy, I stuck it out thinking it was my own anxiety but both turned out to be only interested in serial losers, and not those who struggled. They didn't know the plan inside out, couldn't offer alternatives - or more worryingly- medical advice when members asked (diabetes, dietary requirements etc) I think you have to give people a fair run - afterall a consultant is only human and prone to obstructions of life as we all are. However when they're not doing what they're paid to do, you have to vote with your feet. Worrying though as it could discourage members before they've even started...

Back