Consultants - the good and the bad!

A friend of mine was re-joining & I think my consultant must have assumed that my friend had explained it all to me....which wasn't the case but as I hadn't been before I didn't know she should have gone through it all with me. Thankfully I picked it all up quickly & she has helpfully answered any questions I've had :)

Oh I see.:D

Last edited:
for me just after this I gave up smoking and went on anti depressants - and so started to put weight on
this time I am doing it alone as the only class I can get to is till run by the second consultant - and she just isnt at all inspiring - the class can run itself better than she can

its such a shame as its harder to do with alone BUT with the help of people on here I WILL do it :)
I will also join another class if one opens at a time I can make with an alternative consultant

Good for you Aaleigha :)

My consultant is good. She always has plenty of stock and is very helpful.
I do feel, at times, she is a little rushed and doesn't always have a lot of time to spare but that is because she has two classes back to back and can't keep the second class waiting, which is fair. I have never had to call her, but she says she is always available.
In my few times of joining and leaving SW I have had both good and bad consultants.
My first one was the best. She made every WI and image therapy fun and we had tasters and parties almost every week. Once she even arranged for us to have WI at the local pub where they laid on SW food and we played skittles! I reached my target fairly easily there and always stayed as it was a social event. I missed her when we moved and did'nt join SW again until I put on a lot that I lost.
A couple were good but did not motivate enough so I dropped out quickly.
One was awful, and I only lasted a few weeks. She was new at it, and was obviously not trained enough as she had to constantly refer to books when asked questions. She gave the impression that she hated doing it.
It's amazing but I think, if you to to SW classes the consultant has a huge role in your weight loss journey. If they can't be bothered it's so difficult to be interested.

My consultant is very good i have been to a few different groups and the one im in now is the best. She knows her stuff and always has lots of books recipies and bars. And i always feel motivated when i leave class.

I looooooooove my consultant! Honestly, they should clone her and send her out to be a consultant everywhere :D lol

She's funny, motivational, inspiring, original, and makes every single one of us feel important and as if we've achieved something...

even on the weeks we gain or STS, she'll say something positive like "so you gained a couple of pounds... AND? :D you've had a good time, enjoyed your food and there's nothing wrong with that! now, what shall we aim for next week? another p*ss up, or a lb off? ;) " LOL

i'd be sooo gutted if she ever gave it up!!! don't think another consultant could match up to her! x

Hubby and I are also very lucky with our Consultant. There is always plenty of stock, it's well organised - she talks to the new members for about 1/2 hour whilst others in her 'Social Team' organise the 'shop' and the weigh in. Then we have IT for about 1 hour - we're a VERY large group at times (no pun intended!), sometimes 70 or more of us, so it can take ages to get round.

We ALWAYS have a raffle, often with a recipe and all the ingredients supplied, which is great, and takes a lot of effort, tea and coffee is available, and we all bring in an item of free food for the Slimmer of the Week basket, which adds to the fun.

As I've said before, the only thing I hate is that we split the room down the middle, and someone keeps the score for each 'team'. We get points for each 1/2 lb lost, for each award, for sharing a new recipe or for new ideas etc. I know it's done to help those who are a bit shy to talk up in front of the group, but I'd be totally useless at keeping score - I'm so interested in other people's ideas and comments that I'd forget to write it down!!! Do all groups do this?

We also have regular taster evenings - we STILL don't know what to take to the Party next week! I really feel sorry for groups who don't do this. We all learn SUCH a lot from other people's efforts, and it's a great social evening as well.

One interesting fact recently was that our stand-in Consultant was amazed that there were so many target members still comming to meetings each week - I think that speaks for itself!!!

I love my consultant (and her stand in) My last one was so money orientated I left. and she seems to have disappeared from the planet! We had one that only talked about being a karate instructor ( so what?)To me being a consultant is being about helping you. Yes they need to make money. But they need to care!

As I've said before, the only thing I hate is that we split the room down the middle, and someone keeps the score for each 'team'. We get points for each 1/2 lb lost, for each award, for sharing a new recipe or for new ideas etc.

Yep, very occasionally, this is called Team Fun Tech.

I'm not a big fan but go along with it, although I'm not sure of the purpose!!

Consultants - the good and the bad !

:553::happy096: My consultant is fab, very enthausiatic and encouraging.She always has a good stock of books,magazines,scab bran/oat bran and all flavours of Hi Fi bars.

We have a great session of Image Therapy in which everyone takes part and if we text,email or phone her we get a reply as soon as she can but we all know she has another job aswell as being a consultant.

My consultant is also on Facebook and we have set up our own facebook group up just for our SW class so everyone can contact her or anyone else in the group that way or through normal facebook. It not only helps in that way but it means my consultant can let everyone know any info she has prior to the next class including the group weight loss which is very encouraging.

I can only say that I have one of the better consultants and know I and the rest of my class will get to Slimville with her help etc. :thankyou:

My Consultant is great - funny, helpful and most importantly passionate about SW!!

I've "moaned" a bit before on this thread about my consultant but here i go again ............... I was over the moon to reach my 6st at my last group session, but the lady doing the weigh in couldn't find a 6st sticker in the box - consultant just said "I don't have any" ........ that was it .......... no "well done" or "congratulations" or "I'll make a point of getting you a sticker for next week" ........ nothing! It was a bit of a let down! Mind you, my grandaughter found me a "well done" sticker and popped it on my book later that night and it has pride of place now! lol I'm afraid that's made my mind up to try another group nearby! I really feel this consultant has "chased away" more members than she's attracted to this group ........... sad but true!

mine is okay, she seems nice enough but it also on the big side. The only problem is she goes on a bit too long sometimes, sometimes we are still there at 9pm and everyone is itchin to go home lol. Also she relies on other group memebers for meal ideas and syn values rather than bringing any herself.

I've "moaned" a bit before on this thread about my consultant but here i go again ............... I was over the moon to reach my 6st at my last group session, but the lady doing the weigh in couldn't find a 6st sticker in the box - consultant just said "I don't have any" ........ that was it .......... no "well done" or "congratulations" or "I'll make a point of getting you a sticker for next week" ........ nothing! It was a bit of a let down! Mind you, my grandaughter found me a "well done" sticker and popped it on my book later that night and it has pride of place now! lol I'm afraid that's made my mind up to try another group nearby! I really feel this consultant has "chased away" more members than she's attracted to this group ........... sad but true!

Oh no! That's horrible! My C is lovely and so excited that she makes up little dances - especially if she didn't have a sticker. She would always say that she'll have it for next week. But more importantly, she anticipates needing them in advance and knows when people are coming up for big awards and makes sure she has the sticker for them.

Well done and HUGE congrats on your 6st!!!! I'm hoping to get mine this week or next week. It's been aaaaaaaaagggggggggggessssss in coming!

Mine struggles to get the awards stickers from head office, she waits an age for them so I have a little sympathy on that front but not on the fact that she ignored it though.

Stacey - good luck for this week hun!!

My consultant is ok i think she is really good dometimes then annoying in others i would recommended her still she is a family group with her husband and daughter which is really nice

She is a lovely lady but just at times if you have only lost half 1lb she seems to single you out and make you feel worst if you happen to be the unfortunate one's that is not her favorite now don't get me wrong i dont seem to see it all the time but surely you pay your money to go you are still going you obviously wanna lose the weight her face gets me to like she is really diapointed in you

We always have monthly tasty days and they have ordered a trip to bath for xmas shopping and ameal which is really great of her

She does a really long introduction and she is always there to talk to if you need too however when we have lost imspiration she just says fill a food diary again weres a would have thought try the extra easy or something you havent tried

She always has plenty of magazines stickers and all that which i cant fault her on at all

But apart from that thing and a few things that she can't help the group is wicked so friendly and the church is too small for the group now and we are all struggling to get in and feel cramped lol

and better seats will be good my behind hurts sitting all that time lol

But still i am sitting here 24lb lighter 10 % of my body weight of and no longer obese just overweight so i would still would recommended her:D

My consultants not great and she's very overweight. She starts every session with

" has anybody tried anything new,tasty,wonderful,low in syns and on the plan?"

and ends it with

"have a good week and I hope to see less of you next week"

If,during image therapy you have lost less than you want etc she then says

"aim for the stars and if you miss youre still over the moon" !

When we had our party night recently, there was another lady I didnt recognise, I presumed she was a visitor/new member, but she turned out to be my consultants manager! Are they all overweight? not a great advert for SW really. But I stay because I need to go to a group and also because its the only time I can go.

Oh dear toofatkat - all of those phrases are straight out of the "how to be a consultant" handbook I fear!! Can't blame her for using them but how cheesey are they!
I'd be giggling behind my cuppa if mine said that!
As for being overweight, all consultants need to be within a certain range of a healthy bmi (I know this cos someone in my group was still too big to be a C) but once they are in, I'm not sure if they need to keep the weight off.

My consultant is big and that ws getting at me she has a lost a weight obviously or she wouldnt be a consultant she is well bigger than me she has started back on the diet and she is weighing clothes now which i think is a bit weird but she is a nice enough lady

Back