Contemplating SS+......

jessicacaca

I am on Day 14 of SS, due for my 2nd weigh in at 630pm - eeeek!
I have been thinking about going to SS+ as I am really missing actually eating food. It's not even the normal unhealthy 'nice' things I am missing, I crave veg and chicken.
Am I being a quitter? Should I hold out for a bit longer? Maybe when I get my bars tonight I will feel a bit stronger...
I probably just need to man up a bit, it's only been 2 weeks for goodness sake and so many of you do it for weeks and weeks at a time! x

I've not done it even with my copious amount of restarts however reading a lot of the posts on here people do report that there is very little difference between SS and SS+ weight losses maybe a lb or 2 a week. Depends I suppose on whether you could be controlled or whether eating chicken and green veg would open the flood gates for things that aren't green or white or healthy lol :)

I know it would be the beginning of the end for me - abstinance for as long as possible is the only way I will be able to control the journey, hopefully to the end of 12 weeks.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

PGD x

I think whatever would suit u best my CDC said that the difference is about 2lb difference a month! But I agree with poppygreendog I tried to start ss+ and couldn't controll myself! I'm back on it now and sticking with ss!! Good luck!! Xx

Thanks guys.
I agree, my main concern all along has been that I would open the floodgates which was why I decided to do SS initially rather than SS+.
I am also really concerned though that if I deprive myself for the whole time, as soon as I get to my 3 stone loss I will just go crazy and eat everything in sight.
I think there are advantages (mostly) and disadvantages o losing it quickly. I'll see how it goes, now I've been and got weighed it gives you that confidence that you can do another week. Especially now I've got the bars, which is THE most exciting thing that has ever happened to me in my whole entire life!!
(Obviously it's not but this diet doesn't exactly help you keep things in perfect perspective) :) x

I only lasted a day on SS so then went on to SS plus. I lost 9 lbs in the first two weeks. Which I was happy with, Then I stayed the same but had two meals out and then another meal in. So that was my own fault. I have a weigh in tomorrow. Have had a few extra bits this week but still hoping for a loss. But you should do what suits you best and talk it over with your CDC. (Isn't advice much easier to give than to take. LOL!!!!!)

Jessica, how much did you lose? I've just done my first week and been following SS but at the weekend we had friends over so had SS+ meal. I was worried that once I had something to eat I wouldn't be able to stop but it didn't happen. And I still lost 18lbs in 8 days!!!!!! So if sometimes you want to have a meal I'm sure it will be ok x

Ah Yes, very easy to give. Easy to take if you're being told what you want to hear - he he!
9lb is a great loss, still way more than other diets, even when food is involved x

Nette - 18lb in 8 days!!!! That is flippin fantastic, you should be well pleased with yourself. AMAZING!!
I did 6 1/4 this week (i'm always very particular about the quarters and the halves). So just shy of 13lb in 2 weeks.
These weight losses are awesome! :) xx
18lb!!

So What right??
That would still be 8lb per week!
And you will lose, of course you will. If you lose 3lb that will be a stone and a half in 2 weeks. Quite ridiculous.
Forget SpiderMan - you are officially my hero!

Bluedress - sorry yes I meant a month which really isn't a great difference. Jessica - lol, the bars are awesome huh? x

Nette - WOO HOO:thankyouthankyou::0clapper::bestwishes: fantastic!

Have a good day y'all

PGD x

I could never stick to SS for very long. On, off, on, off. So I switched to a plan with a wee bit of food. The outcome? Success!

Also I think that including a bit of food every day helps to prevent the sheer terror and panic over (gasp) eating regular grub again that can grip people when maintenance comes along... lol.

You're all doing great x

Well done Nette! Fantastic. If you don't lose much next weigh-in, don't be upset. Being totally realistic is very important on a VLCD. And hey you might lose another few pounds! Congratulations again x

Im on SS+ and love my evening meal, i look forward to it all day! I haven't let it 'open the floodgates', I haven't cheated once :) My sister who was on SS+ got bored of salad and has moved onto SS and prefers it. So I guess it just depends lol
Best of luck x

I've had one meal this week and then finished the chicken yesterday. No big drama, nothing else consumed. I was obviously worrying over nothing.
Though I have noticed the scales have virtually stayed still, I'm sure it will be fine though :0)

Back