continuous totm

missy3

starving!
hi, i know there have been similar questions before but not sure if anyone has had continuous for a long time.. i have always had irregular totm but generally once during a month. I started lt in june and done 2 weeks and i got it on the 2nd week and although i had a 6 week break it kept coming and going, before sorta balancing out, then i started lt again in sept for about 2 weeks and it has been continuous since.. its worrying me.. is it normal? i dont wanna go to the doctors :D any help appreciated

Hi missy I,m in the same boat and its really getting me down, I'm at the docs on Thurs so I am going to ask its not heavy just bloody annoying
xx

Longest continuous totm I had whilst following sole source was 46 days :eek: :eek: It's all the hormones, etc and can be a real pain in the patootie :mad:

God thats awful, i guess from what people are saying its common, why does the diet affect your hormones?

I'm over 3 months continuous totm and counting!!!!
I hope it will stop soon, cos I have a whole new body, and the totm is hindering it somewhat!!

Love Guen

My doc said it was normal on the diet for it to mess up the cycle - though I'm lucky that I don't have a continuous totm - thank goodness, I do feel for you. For me, I'd not had a period for years (coil) then 2 weeks into LT I had totm then every 4 weeks till the last one which was 3 week and that was 6 weeks ago and no sign of another!! Oh well, I just go everywhere prepared for the worst!!!!

Have you tried ringing LT? They are very helpful.

x

Hi Hon
its to do with oestrogen and we lack it when we are on VLCD's can assure you that it stops and goes back to normal when you start eating again... i had a 9 week long period in my 11 weeks of LT it did stop about 4 days after starting to eat again and they are back to normal, i was scared whilst on LT thinking OMFG am i screwing up my insides but its back to normal now so i dont reckon its anything to worry about its just annoying.. im still going back on LT though if the doctor will let me ! will just stock up on good ole undie mattresess as my sis in law calls em !

thanx for replies to this :D good to know its common! xx

The doctor can give you estrogen tablets to stop it if it gets too bad.

Off LT 2 weeks now, and I thought it'd stopped yesterday, but there was a tiny bit today. I really thought it'd have stopped by now!!!!

Love Guen

Back