Contraceptive implant & uncontrollable weight gain

Well my appointment for implant removal is booked for next Tuesday :D With nothing replacing it, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I fall pregnant quickly like i did with the others....

Hi Everyone - I need some advice or help if anyone can please. For the last 12 months I have been having issues with my monthly visitor, anyway after having every test done under the sun everyting has come back as ok so the doctor recommended that I have the implant to try & stop my periods (my last one lasted 32 days), I had the implant put in at the end of October & then I had to go to Canada for a couple of weeks with work, when I got back & went to get weighed I found I had gained 3 1/2 pounds - now I was expecting this as two meals a day were eaten in restaurants BUT since then (I got back on the 19th Nov) I have gained weight each week despite keeping a food diary & sticking to SW like glue, I have now gained so much I am out of target & if I don't get back into target next week I will have to start paying again. Does anyone know if this is normal with the implant? If it is will it settle down once my body adjusts so I can lose it again? Can SW help me out with the paying issue? I really cannot afford to have to start paying again each week only to find I have gained, it is really disheartening when you know you have stuck to it - I am only half a pound over target & am trying as hard as I can to lose at least that this week but last week after eating speed foods & scan bran all week I put two on so I am not very hopeful for next Monday.

Can anyone help or give me some advice? i don't want to stop going to group if I can help it as I have been at target & maintaining it beautifully since the end of August...:cry:

Which implant do you have?

I have the Mirena IUD and its brill. Hardly any periods, emotional yes but fluxotine has seen to that.

I have also lost weight. Im not losing much more cos i'm simply being a lard ar*e :rolleyes:

I was told when i had the implant put in that the only one available in the UK was implanon, so what is Mirena IUD? Does in also go in your upper arm?

xx

The IUD stands for Intra Uterine Device (often referred to as a coil). Doesn't go in your arm!!!

ahhh now that makes sense... i think i got a tad confused as this thread was about the implant. :sign0007:
xx

Back