Converting from Weight Watchers to Slimming World..

Hi All,

I have been a WW fan just lost 1.5 stone so far combined with the gym but have another 4 or so to lose. I got fed up of constantly counting points...I also found that I was eating a couple of packets of crisps per day and low fat chocolate as the points allowance allowed me to (this cant be healthy!)

So, i'm trying SW...it sounds like a much healthier lifestyle move...

I'm going to try the Easy Extra diet...I'm hoping to go to a meeting tomorrow but have tried to get my head around the diet today...Can anyone give me some examples for HEXA and HEXB? Do you HAVE to have them? Also, is there an eating out/restaurant guide?

Some people say you CAN save syns for th weekend, others disagree, anyone have thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi hun, welcome to Slimming World! :) I'm certainly no guru but I'll try and help out a little.

I was also on Weigh Watchers before joining Slimming World and found I was also eating less healthy foods simply because I had the points to enable me to do so. This plan is so much more healthier and I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

As your fed up of the constant point counting, Slimming World sounds perfect for you! There are so many free foods you can enjoy (lean meats, pasta, potatoes, etc) that you'll never feel deprived, and when you do fancy a packet of crisps or some chocolate, you have your Syns..it really is that easy!

There are lots of things you can have for your Healthy Extras (HExA & HExB). HExA is your milk & cheeses, etc. I usually have 4 Weight Watchers Low Fat Cheese Triangles or 28g of Cheddar for my HExA. HExB's are your bread, cereals, etc. My favourites are 2 slices of Wholemeal Bread, a small Wholemeal Roll or a HiFi Bar. But again, there are loads of options available - the basics will be listed in your Food Optimising book which you'll get from class, and you can find out new additions from the website/magazine, etc.

As for Syns, they are yours to do what you want with. I do tend to save mine up for the weekend so I can have a few drinks or a takeaway, but I still try to have some throughout the week too. For example, you're allowed 5-15 Syns per day. If I was saving them for the weekend I'd probably restrict myself to 5 a day throughout the week, and reserve the rest for weekend treats. But it's entirely up to you how you distribute them.

Hope you enjoy your meeting tomorrow. I'm sure you'll find a lovely class with a welcoming consultant and group. Let us know how you get on, and if you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask :) Good luck xx

On Extra Easy plan you can have 1 HEX A & 1 HEX B
A = set amount of milk or cheese
B = Specified cereal bars, set amount of bread or cereal etc

Yes you can save your syns for the wkend, but personally i need some each day.

When you go to group you will get a book explaining it all & your Consultant will explain things.

And stay on line here cause everyone is really helpfull & supportive x

Welcome to SW train x

You need to eat your HE's to get all the various nutritional content (a's bein calcium, and b's being fibre) Make sure you have 1/3rd superfree (this is the pivotal part of EE!!!) Make sure you measure as best you can for your HE's and syns.

I would say with regards your syns.. Yes you can save some. Avoid binging on all 105 in one day, and having 0 syns for the rest of the week :p

You know, apply a bit of sense. :) xx

Good luck, Slimming World is excellent. I haave tried WW and always felt I was eating rubbish - I know I chose the foods but I found becasue of the points it was easier to buy prepacked stuff than make from scratch. I love cooking and I actually find losses are better fro me on SW. I'm sure you will enjoy the plan :)

Good luck, Slimming World is excellent. I haave tried WW and always felt I was eating rubbish - I know I chose the foods but I found becasue of the points it was easier to buy prepacked stuff than make from scratch. I love cooking and I actually find losses are better fro me on SW. I'm sure you will enjoy the plan :)

I'm with you there, could fill my daily points quota with nothing but rubbish!

hannata said:
I'm with you there, could fill my daily points quota with nothing but rubbish!

Mushrooms on toast (3pp) for brekkie, salad for lunch, stirfry for tea, packet of Maryland cookies with half a tub of icecream (32pp)
Sorted. And still 8pp left... I knows how to wangle the points system Haha...

SW is better for me :D Good luck on your first week, give it a go!x

aww thanks everyone! You are all so lovely :)

Princess Stevie, thanks so much for explaining that... :)

My meeting went well. only think I am struggling with is weigh in's..I weighed myself yesterday morning, then got weighed at SW (2lbs more - i presume because i'd eaten/drank during the day)...I work shifts so some week's i'll have to be weighed in the morning...so this will inevitabley effect my weight loss on the scales?

I really think SW will work better for me as the syns allowace seems a lot more strict...6syns for a Curly wurly was 2on WW so i'd often pig out on the wrong food! It seems SW is more of a lifestlye change...x

p.s does anyone know how to save certain threads as a favourite? (I keep having to google the sentance i've written to find this!)

i also tried weight watchers before joining slimming world, and i agreed slimming world definately allows you to eat healthier i eat so much rubbish on weight watchers but stayed within my points.

Princess Stevie, thanks so much for explaining that... :)

You're welcome, that's what we're all here for! If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask. The forum is filled with such lovely, knowledgable people who are always more than happy to help.

My meeting went well. only think I am struggling with is weigh in's..I weighed myself yesterday morning, then got weighed at SW (2lbs more - i presume because i'd eaten/drank during the day)...I work shifts so some week's i'll have to be weighed in the morning...so this will inevitabley effect my weight loss on the scales?

I'm so pleased your meeting went well and that you enjoyed it. Joining Slimming World is the best decision I've ever made, and I'm sure you'll come to love it too!

With regards to the weights being different, it could be a variety of things. For one thing, all scales are different, so it is likely that you will never measure the same weight on your home scales as you will at class. Also, weight fluctuates daily, even hourly, which is why it's quite important (if possible) to weigh in on the same day/time every week. Of course, working shifts this could be difficult to do, but I still think you will be fine. There are many members that have to get weighed on different days/times for a number of reasons. And finally, like you said it could have been due to what you had eaten/drunk during that day. Try not to worry about it too much. The best piece of advice I could give would be to keep off the home scales and wait until your official weigh in at class - jumping on and off scales does nothing but mess with your mind/emotions.

I really think SW will work better for me as the syns allowace seems a lot more strict...6syns for a Curly wurly was 2on WW so i'd often pig out on the wrong food! It seems SW is more of a lifestlye change...x

Slimming World is not necessarily more strict than Weight Watchers, it just works differently. Rather than having a number of points to do what you want with, Slimming World focuses on filling up on Free & SuperFree foods. Your Syns are then yours to do what you want with. With 15 Syns per day you could have 2 Curly Wurlys and still have 3 Syns left over!

Things might be a bit confusing at the start, but the plan will soon become a way of living. It is designed not to be a diet, but a new healthy lifestyle - think of it as more of a hobby :)

Be sure to update us and let us know how you're getting on. Good luck xx

if you go to user cp in the blue box at the top of the page, click on that and it will bring you to a page with any notifications on threads that you have posted on or are watching.
if you scroll down a little, on the left it should day 'list subscriptions' and that will bring up every thread you have posted on. hope that helps im not very good at explaining! xxx

Thanks Mozzalicious for posting this subject, I am the same having lost weight with WW before. My friend has lost with WW, put it back on and done amazing well this year with Slimming World. I have read all of her class stuff and it did take me about a week to get my head round how it all works! (Thank you Princess Stevie for explaining it perfectly!) I think as others have said, SW compared to WW seems a lot healthier and a lifestyle change, I too was relying on ready meals and convenience foods.

I'm really glad to have found this site, very helpful people on here and I am definately going to do SW from now on - wish me luck :)

Helen

heleniow said:
Thanks Mozzalicious for posting this subject, I am the same having lost weight with WW before. My friend has lost with WW, put it back on and done amazing well this year with Slimming World. I have read all of her class stuff and it did take me about a week to get my head round how it all works! (Thank you Princess Stevie for explaining it perfectly!) I think as others have said, SW compared to WW seems a lot healthier and a lifestyle change, I too was relying on ready meals and convenience foods.

I'm really glad to have found this site, very helpful people on here and I am definately going to do SW from now on - wish me luck :)

Helen

Good luck! I dont think you will regret it :)

Back