Convince me I will feel better for losing weight!

Faxman

I just can't seem to get going, losing the same few lbs again and again and putting them back on again. Hoping someone on here can give me some motivation or maybe a kick up the butt. Hoping that will inspire me to get properly back on track. I am 5ft 10, 13 stone 11lbs and my waist is 41.5 inches (the last one is a shocker as I wear 36-inch waist jeans).
Will I feel a real difference if I shed a stone or two?

you certainly will!

I have lost 27lbs in around ten weeks and feel totally better, it's not just that life is easier but the healthy food makes you more alert, less sleepy and a bit more motivated to tackle all that life slings at you - not every day, but it's a general wellbeing good vibe

you only have a short road to travel, give it a shot between now and July, then come back on and say you don't feel better!

good luck

You will. Not only will you look better but you'll feel better. You'll have the energy to do stuff you couldnt be arsed to do before and will become more confident.

I've lost 4.5 stone over the last few years and with every stone I lose I feel even better.

I can move more easily, my joints hurt less, my skin looks amazing, there's less strain on my heart, I sleep better, I have more energy, I can keep up with my friends and my metabolism is better which means that if I slip up dietwise over a weekend it doesn't generally affect my weight loss efforts!

Keep slogging away. You will never regret losing weight and keeping it off.

Cheers for all your replies, they make a great deal of sense. I am in a better frame of mind today and back to eating more heathily (just had a chicken breast with a bit of race and some salad leaves for lunch today as an example). I don't have any trouble keeping up the exercise but I tend to slip into having too many treats and alcohol.

Use something like My Fitness Pal to log your calories. Definitely treat yourself but make it two squares of chocolate or a slice of pizza rather than all the chocolate and all the pizza! Generally if it fits in with your calories/fat/carbs then it's okay.

Tracking what I eat and seeing it there on the scene makes me less likely to binge because I can't stand the thought of seeing it all on there!

Consistency is key. You need to plan out your diet and once you've found something that works, keep at it. Don't eat something on day and something else the other; keep it consistent.

This doesn't necessarily mean you have to be boring. Just keep your calorie intake the same each day and decrease it as you see fit, when you start to plateau.

You so will feel better....
You'll have more self confidence, clothes shopping will be fun. One of the things that got me started this time was trying on some jeans and looking at myself in the changing room mirror - one of those where you can see yourself from every angle. I could have cried and I left with out buying anything. No more clothes for me until I can fit a size 14 comfortably.
You'll feel fitter, and you'll know that inside you are healthier.

Jettica/Matthew/Bensnan - Thanks, much appreciated. Am not actually calorie counting at the moment but am upping my exercise considerably and cutting down on most of the things that have put the weight on me (e.g crisps, bacon sandwiches, beer)
Shimmies -I thought my question was appropriate to both forums and I also thought I would get more replies if more people read it. I was looking for some inspiration. Sorry if that has caused any offence.

Back