Cooking for a new bf

NatalieBxx

Hiya!

My boyfriend is coming down friday and as I have a half day I thought I could make him dinner and show off my cooking skills to impress him! lol.

Trouble is he doesn't eat pork and he's a good cook himself so I need something pretty good!

Any ideas would be appreciated :D

xx

Have you looked at the recipe section?

Good cooking isnt about lots of ingredients and complex dishes.

He is a man.
Men like Steak.
Steak, Slimming world chips (either normal or sweet potato are amazing) and either 1/3 plate peas or a nice salad. (Free EE)

You literally cant beat a great steak.

Plus I'm sure he's coming down to see you, not just your cooking ;) x

I agree steak all the way, as long as its cooked right and not tough as old boots lol....it also doesnt come across as typical diet food :) Good luck

Somebody else asked aalmost exactly the same question a couple of days ago - I'll see if I can find the thread for you.

I'm a bit worried about cooking steak as I wouldn't want to over cook it .... but as long as it has meat I could be on to a winner?

Thanks Circes that's really helpful. :)

x

What about Thai Green Curry? There's an easy-to-follow recipe on SW website and I've made it a few times when we have friends over. No one has ever noticed that it is a SW recipe. I serve it with lots of rice and salad and I even buy WW naan breads.

Let me know if you need me to get you the recipe.
Good luck with your dinner-date ;)

Good cooking isnt about lots of ingredients and complex dishes.

He is a man.
Men like Steak.
Steak, Slimming world chips (either normal or sweet potato are amazing) and either 1/3 plate peas or a nice salad. (Free EE)

You literally cant beat a great steak.

Plus I'm sure he's coming down to see you, not just your cooking ;) x

Peas aren't superfree! :( So 1/3 of salad or a nice "coleslaw". We tend to do slaw and caramelised onions (made with splenda & balsalmic vinegar)

What about Thai Green Curry? There's an easy-to-follow recipe on SW website and I've made it a few times when we have friends over. No one has ever noticed that it is a SW recipe. I serve it with lots of rice and salad and I even buy WW naan breads.

Let me know if you need me to get you the recipe.
Good luck with your dinner-date ;)

Nia that sounds lovely! Could you possibly post the recipe for me? :D

Thanks x

454g/1lb boneless, skinless chicken
2 cloves garlic
2 shallots
2.5cm/1in piece root ginger
1 green chilli
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp salt
1 lime
2 x 14g/½ oz packs fresh coriander
2 level tsp cornflour
28g/1oz block creamed coconut
113g/4oz fresh pineapple
1 small green pepper
1 small red chilli (optional)
coriander sprig to garnish

1. Cut the chicken 2.5cm/1in cubes and place in a bowl.
2. Peel the garlic, shallots and ginger. Halve and de-seed the chilli and lightly crush the coriander seeds. Place all these ingredients in a food processor or blender and add the salt.
3. Finely grate the lime rind, extract the juice and add to the garlic mixture along with one pack of fresh coriander. Process to form a smooth paste and then stir into the chicken along with the cornflour. Mix well.
4. Grate the coconut into a shallow pan and pour over 284ml/0.5pt water. Bring to the boil, stirring until dissolved. Add the chicken, mix well, bring back to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, finely chop the pineapple and place in a small bowl. Halve, de-seed and finely chop the pepper and chilli, if using, and finely chop the remaining fresh coriander. Mix the pepper, chilli and coriander into the pineapple and chill until required.
6. Serve the chicken garnished with a sprig of fresh coriander, accompanied with the pineapple relish and green vegetables.

3 Syns on all plans

The lowest syn naans I can find are Weight Watcher's naan bread, any variety - 5.5syns

Back