Cooking for others

Hi All,

Going to the chemist this afternoon to start on the diet. I was just wondering how you's get on with coping of cooking food still for your other family members?

I will still have to cook for my partner for when he comes in from work, and my 1year old son.. Which is where all teh naughtyness comes from, He loves to feed me and share his food bless him!

Do you maybe have a shake/soup before you start cooking?

Gosh, It's going to be mega tuff! I cook my son all homemade food, Lasange.. cottage pies etc and have just made him some homemade pizza for tonight which I would normally share with him.. Man it's hard just thinking about it!

But I need to think about that wedding dress I have (which is 1 size too small) that I NEED to fit in the beginning of October.

Hi and welcome to the site.

You have to be strong in the first week but after that it gets so much easier. Just beware of bad habits creeping in like pinching something of a plate or from a mix, without knowing it you could put something in your mouth and not realise. Most of us on here absolutely love cooking for the family and watch loads of food tv shows too.

Just stick with it 100%, stay positive and you will lose all that you want to. Good luck!!

Thanks Bev,
I have just been and got my supply. Mixture of shakes and soup (will be starting Thurs)
Just making a list of things to buy to make this more bareable, I have Pepper Mint Tea, Sweetner, Lots of bottled Water, Ice - & I'll need a blender or would a hand blender do?

Hi there and welcome on board the wagon!!!

Bev is so right - its the first week that is so crucial. Just remember that nothing can pass your lips that isint allowed on Lipotrim which is basically nothing except the supply of shakes etc. I nearly fell off the wagon so easily by tasting gravy or checking if food it hot. You automatically lick your fingers - well I do anyway -and you just cant on this diet.

I have to cook for my hubby and 3 children and honestly they have never ate so well!!! I cant stop baking and trying out new recipes. I am obsessed with the Food Channel on tv. My whole family will end up on a diet if i am not careful!!!

But I actually find it helps me to cook all sorts of things for them. Its sad but I am satisfied doing that - at the moment anyway!!! I find it helps if I am being tortured by the smell of what I have cooked to go and have a bath or go for a walk while they are eating. That works for me anyway.

So stick with it. It really does get easier once you are in Ketosis and you can feel a difference in your clothes. I am on Lipo for the 2nd time - fell off the wagon after a family wedding !!! Anyway I am back and more determined than ever.

Yes you will need a hand blender or something to mix up the shakes/soup as otherwise they are lumpy and gross!!! Once they are mixed I find them fine to be honest. I quite like the taste - well like might be too strong a word - but I dont find anything wrong with them

So plenty of water, stick with the programme 100%, keep on this website as it will encourage and support you in a way you just wont believe until you see it. There are amazing people on here and no matter what you are going through on this diet someone will have been through it before and will have words of wisdom for you.

So welcome on board

Let us all know how you are doing

hello and welcome

the first week was the hardest but im on week 2 now and it doesnt really bother me cooking for the family anymore xx

Back