Cooking on an Aga

NotsofattyPatty

Gold Member
I'm going on a self-catering holiday with a group of friends in a few weeks time and we have decided that we will take turns to cook an evening meal - in practice this means we will each cook once.

Cooking is by Aga, which none of us have any experience of. Can anyone suggest a main course which doesn't require standing over, is suitable for both a veggie and someone who can't eat a lot of dairy and can be done easily on or in the Aga? I know someone is doing a veggie lasagne and Eton Mess (and is cheating by making it at home!); I'd like to provide something with less dairy produce.

My brain's at a loss at the moment. It doesn't particularly have to be SW friendly, but you get bonus points if it is!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have a rayburn range cooker, simillar sort of thing, just remember its takes a while to heat up to a constant heat, and they do tend to have hot spots, so,things cook faster on one side often

Does the vegetarian eat fish? You could do salmon with seasonal veg and baby new potatoes x

Thanks for the tip and the suggestion.

The veggie will eat fish but unfortunately, someone else has already nabbed that! I'm going with a SW version of the Hairy Biker's Somerset chicken, using Quorn for the veggie. (If you do a search on here you'll find the recipe - it's gorgeous)!

Back