Cooking Spree

welshgirl21

Silver Member
Been on a cooking spree tonight - 11 portions of soup; super speed and leek and potato, yummy.

Attachments

• image-1033599679.jpg
    image-1033599679.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 199
welshgirl21 said:
Been on a cooking spree tonight - 11 portions of soup; super speed and leek and potato, yummy.

Oh I've yet to cook the super speed fair play to ya

It was a spur of the moment thing - OH was working late so I thought it be a good opportunity, have the kitchen to myself, put my music on etc. Plus all I have to do in the mornings is grab one out the freezer, in a bag and it'll be defrosted by lunch time ready to heat up.

Fabby, well done you.... what is superspeed soup?

xx

It's a soup that uses loads of the super speed vegetables, if you search super speed in the recipe section there are a few threads with the recipe.

I sweated squash, pepper, courgette, onion, parsnip, carrots and sweet potato in fry light with thyme, salt and pepper. Added 2 pints of chicken stock and 2 bay leaves, simmered gently with the lid on for an hour then blitzed it with the hand blender.

Oooh those soups look lovely! I love batch cooking.

They look yummy! X

Am going to make super speed soup tonight and freeze it ready for next weeks lunches, am getting a bit fed up of my usual veg soup!

What do you make Elliewood? Do you just do soups or are there other things you make and freeze for work?

Leek and Potato Soup

2 leeks sliced
4/5 potatoes peeled and cubed
Chicken stock
2 pints boiling water
250ml semi skimmed milk

1. Spray a large pan with fry light and add the leeks; cook for around 5 minutes until softened

2. Add the potatoes, chicken stock, salt and pepper and bring to the boil.

3. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes.

4. Leave to cool a while then blend with hand blender or leave chunky if you prefer, add the milk and stir in. Split between containers and freeze once cooled.

i wish I had a bigger fridge/freezer - ours is full with only fresh meat and frozen veg in it. I love making soup. Gonna try some more this weekend n see how much I can fit in, if any. How long do you think soup would last if it's only refridgerated rather than frozen?

welshgirl21 said:
What do you make Elliewood? Do you just do soups or are there other things you make and freeze for work?

i make a big load of pasta bake and freeze it in individual portions. lots of rotated veg with garlic & herbs, stirred into pasta with tinned tomatoes & passata (i add a bit of chilli powder to give it a kick) then a sprinkling of cheese on top. all free or a healthy extra if you add the cheese.

Cheers, I'll try the pasta bake. Might have to find some other flavours though - one thing I find with SW is it seems 90% of the recipes have tomato in some form in lol. I'm getting fed up of pasta with tomato sauce now ;)

Back