cooking spree

metrognome

is getting better at it
hello,
i have a day off on thursday and i am going to spend the day cooking so i can freeze things and have in the week when i cant be bothered to cook, at the moment i am going to do hash browns, beef burgers, does anyone have any other ideas or things they do on a regular basis any ideas would be most welcome thanks

karen

Yep Quorn chilli, the chicken curry from the SW mag, Pasta sauces and even jackets with lush fillings, all freeze well.

Get some chicken fillets ( or turkey) split them making a pocket

Mix up a oinion, peppers, and garlic, mixed herbs. cut up a baby bell into little pieces and stuff the pocket , wrap a slice of lean unsmoked or smoked bacon ( trim off all fat)and pin together with a cocktail stick.

You can freeze these to reheat or defrost and have cold with as mixed salad

Phil X

thanks for the ideas, have loads for thursday, didnt know you could freeze jacket potatoes.
thanks
karen

the only thing I would say about freezing potato dishes is don't keep them for too long as freezin potato makes it go a bit sweet flavoured.

My cooking night is a Tuesday, I make cottage pie's, scan bran cakes, any desserts I fancy for the week ahead & anything else that takes my fancy while I am doing it - I didn't so it last week & that's part of the reason I had a bad week & ended up putting 2 on

Back