Cooking tuna - help

leehal

Have a tuna steak which I am going to sprinkle with chili powder and stick in the oven.

How long do I need to cook it for :confused:

Have a tuna steak which I am going to sprinkle with chili powder and stick in the oven.

How long do I need to cook it for :confused:

I've never cooked one, but if i did I'd use a roasting bag to keep in moist an lock in the juices. At a guess I think on gas mark5 for about 20mins.

I always pan-fry tuna and I just do a couple of mins each side but I like it the same as beef - medium-rare !

Prob. about 15-20 mins in a medium oven - and I'd use foil or it may dry out.

Its gorgeous, do it in the oven for about 15 minutes or it will get dry. I make a little foil envolope and cook ir with onions peppers and seasoning. Oh my why did I start thinking about food!

I dry fry it only slightly and eat it 'rare' it's my fav way to eat it!

Thanks for the advice, wrapped the tuna in foil and cooked it for 20 minutes, very nice.

I dont think tuna is allowed in the AAM week. I think you can have it at step 1000cals?? Is that right?? I cant wait to have tuna when moving up the steps. I might steam mine.

Glad you enjoyed your tuna leehal :) mmm yum yum

Tuna on Step 2 is fine, 190g of fresh or 260g of tinned tuna in spring water.

Ewww, yuck! Tuna is served RAW :) Mmm, sashimi! Every cooked tuna I have had tastes like the stuff from the can, so why should I go through the extra expense for the stuff to cook :)

Back