cooking with Quark.....I can't do it!

muppetgirly

Loser!
HELP! :eek:

There are a lot of recipes in the slimming world books and on the website that use quark to make tasty looking creamy sauces.......

However, when I try this it separates and turns into chewy lumps and tastes nasty!:cry:

Please tell me what I am doing wrong...

Are you adding it to boiling liquid? The heat may make it split, so it's better to add it when sauce is not boiling and once quark is added heat gently but do not boil. Is that any help?

I am always careful to take the pan off the heat when I add it.....maybe I just need more practice!! :sigh:

Ah yes, I've had a few disasters with quark & fromage frais in the past & have learned that it just needs to be added at the very end, stired & very briefly heated through!!

If I add quark to a sauce, I heat it a little in the microwave first, just to help it stir through better.

That always happens to me too, my sauces never taste creamy, i just have little cheesy type lumps. I have given up lol x

It always curdles when I use it too, even though I leave the pan off the heat for a few minutes.

I also have this problem...The other week I wanted to make pasta with a cream sauce but it curdled and turned all watery and wasn't very nice:cry:

I always whisk it up first in a bowl to make it smooth and then add it. Do you do this? I use it with eggs and a bit of cheese to make a pasta bake and find it yummy. Hope this helps!

well i tried to make the potato and brocoli bake from the sw mag (xmas issue) and it was horrid, it just went v wrong, ended up with a mug shot instead for my tea lol

I always use Greek 0% instead of fromage frais or quark in any recipe and it seems to work for me plus makes it very creamy!

I think I will try this out....

I'm glad its not just me, generally my cooking is quite good, this one had me puzzled!! :sigh:

Back