Coping strategies for TOTM?

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by Flopster, 13 August 2006 Social URL.

1. Flopster

Flopster Got a life thank you!

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I started today and have wanted to nibble all day. I had a few crisps and a small piece of fudge, coupled with last night I know I am well out of ketosis.

How can I cope with TOTM? Normally I would have eaten tonnes more than that but I can't fall off the wagon each month.

Normal coping strategies (drinking water, going for a bath or a walk or even coming on here) don't work, I am like a woman possessed.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. zareena

zareena Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(6.52%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I normally crave sweet things around my TOTM so I usually have tea with some of the water flavourings and that usually cures any cravings I have. You could try that:)

4. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    HMM, hard to help on this one Flopster because I am not on VLCD so can factor in atreat if I need one. however, if I couldn't I think I would add some non food treats. I love magazines, make up, a new DVD to watch or even an early night with a good book. I know that is not like a bar of chocolate but learning to enjoy treats other than food is probably something we all need to get the hang of!

5. Flopster

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Oh I never thought of adding the flavours to tea. I will try that.

Unfortunately I ran out of the chocolate shake packs as normally I would have made one up and eaten that first. Biggest craving though is crisps and the soup crisps just didn't hit the mark.

I am going to go try that tea idea now, thanks for that.

6. Flopster

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Thanks Barb, trouble is the brain didn't engage at all, it isn't like the rest of the month when you can talk yourself round rationally, I just wanted to literally stuff myself and the brain wouldn't think of anything else whilst I was doing it. Luckily a few left over crisps and a piece of chocolate isn't really a full blow out but I just couldn't help myself and no matter how hard I tried to bring my brain into the right mode, it wasn't shifting.

I am also feeling quite murderous as well - by tomorrow I will be back in control I think.

7. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    God, I hate that totally unreasonable feeling. You know you are acting mad and there is bugger all you can do about it. I don't get pmt every month and then I get about 6 months worth in one go -well thats how it feels. I feel rage boiling up inside me or I feel so vulnerable that I could cry if someone looks at me in a disapproving way. I really sympathise, it is a time that has to be got through isn't it?

8. Flopster

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    God yes, I have spent most of today crying over a decision we have taken that really I am happy about - I am just struggling to remember why I was happy about it lol!

I get like this each month, I will be fine by tomorrow now I have actually started. I always know my period is due because I can't tolerate my mother in law and I had a major rant about her today for no apparent reason - it is a sure sign as I do it every month lol!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.