Coping strategies for TOTM?

Flopster

Got a life thank you!
I started today and have wanted to nibble all day. I had a few crisps and a small piece of fudge, coupled with last night I know I am well out of ketosis.

How can I cope with TOTM? Normally I would have eaten tonnes more than that but I can't fall off the wagon each month.

Normal coping strategies (drinking water, going for a bath or a walk or even coming on here) don't work, I am like a woman possessed.

I normally crave sweet things around my TOTM so I usually have tea with some of the water flavourings and that usually cures any cravings I have. You could try that:)

HMM, hard to help on this one Flopster because I am not on VLCD so can factor in atreat if I need one. however, if I couldn't I think I would add some non food treats. I love magazines, make up, a new DVD to watch or even an early night with a good book. I know that is not like a bar of chocolate but learning to enjoy treats other than food is probably something we all need to get the hang of!

Oh I never thought of adding the flavours to tea. I will try that.

Unfortunately I ran out of the chocolate shake packs as normally I would have made one up and eaten that first. Biggest craving though is crisps and the soup crisps just didn't hit the mark.

I am going to go try that tea idea now, thanks for that.

HMM, hard to help on this one Flopster because I am not on VLCD so can factor in atreat if I need one. however, if I couldn't I think I would add some non food treats. I love magazines, make up, a new DVD to watch or even an early night with a good book. I know that is not like a bar of chocolate but learning to enjoy treats other than food is probably something we all need to get the hang of!

Thanks Barb, trouble is the brain didn't engage at all, it isn't like the rest of the month when you can talk yourself round rationally, I just wanted to literally stuff myself and the brain wouldn't think of anything else whilst I was doing it. Luckily a few left over crisps and a piece of chocolate isn't really a full blow out but I just couldn't help myself and no matter how hard I tried to bring my brain into the right mode, it wasn't shifting.

I am also feeling quite murderous as well - by tomorrow I will be back in control I think.

God, I hate that totally unreasonable feeling. You know you are acting mad and there is bugger all you can do about it. I don't get pmt every month and then I get about 6 months worth in one go -well thats how it feels. I feel rage boiling up inside me or I feel so vulnerable that I could cry if someone looks at me in a disapproving way. I really sympathise, it is a time that has to be got through isn't it?

God yes, I have spent most of today crying over a decision we have taken that really I am happy about - I am just struggling to remember why I was happy about it lol!

I get like this each month, I will be fine by tomorrow now I have actually started. I always know my period is due because I can't tolerate my mother in law and I had a major rant about her today for no apparent reason - it is a sure sign as I do it every month lol!

Back