Coping with the heat

Mel2

Silver Member
It's been really warm here for the last few weeks and for a change I am actually enjoying it!
For the past 5 years or so I've dreaded Summer as have felt so uncomfortable all the time (hot, sweaty, worried about what to wear etc). I've also suffered terribly with very swollen ankles almost constantly when it's been warm.
But...... this year it's so different. After losing just under 2 and a half stone (with a very long way to go yet!) I feel so much better. So far we're having a lovely Summer and my ankles haven't swollen once!!!!! I'm not dripping with sweat when I walk anywhere and I'm even feeling slightly better about how I look.
It only dawned on me this morning and it's all the motivation I need to continue. Just imagine how good I'll feel once I've lost another 3 or 4 stone!!!!!!!!!!

I love this summer now that my skin in between my legs does not chap and I can wear feminine clothing more without worrying what I look like. The other day I can not believe that I brought a playsuit, before I would never have had the balls to wear it. I also have tried shorts on, how my life is changing:D

Yay - good for you Mel - I still have a ways to go but cant wait to feel less inhibited by my weight in the heat x

Whens your first WI chocolate button?

Tonight at 6pm, dreading it! Made the mistake of getting on my scales, not good buuuuut i don't no how accurate they are so might not be so bad

I'm still paranoid about wearing certain clothes even when it's hot.

I spent 4 days in France last week, and every day it was 34 degrees, only getting down to 26 degrees at night time. Yet I still covered up (which was nearly the death of me).

Back