Corblimey's Food Diary

Corblimey

Well here goes my umpteenth attempt at slimming world, I have followed in the past with success but never actually got near my goal. I'm very good at making excuses for myself and sabotaging any progress I have made so I have now found myself at my heaviest ever weight which has nearly doubled in the last 8 years, I am determined for this to be the last time I ever weigh so much.

I live with my OH and we have been together for 8 years (hmmm bit of a coincidence there - same time it's taken me to double my weight!! :eek:) I love to cook which is partly the reason I got so fat but looking forward to the challenge of crating some healthier meals that hopefully will taste just as good.

I had my 'last supper' yesterday which consisted of homemade lasagna made with gruyere, proper white sauce, beef mince and smoked bacon etc all washed down with half a bottle of wine, I would like to say I didn't enjoy it but I would be lying. :eek: So here starts a new way of life and I hope that by writing a food diary I will stay motivated.

I will be following all three plans but probably more EE as it makes feeding the OH easier. I also plan to adopt a more veggie diet, I was veggie for 3 years but back in the day when V choices were a lot more limited and I didn’t eat quorn, I think it will be a cheaper and healthier lifestyle and will allow me to justify spending a little more on good quality meat. I just need to convince the OH of this, as the son of a butcher he may take a while to come round or alternatively he will have to start learning to cook!! I also need to stay away from all the lovely chicken skin, crispy bacon fat and crackling which I am especially partial to!

Wow sorry if anyone is reading this I have rambled a lot more than I thought I would, strangely cathartic so see it all written in front of me. My next post will be my food plan for today

Last edited:
Wednesday 02.05.2012 Green Day

B - 1 x weetabix with milk and strawbs HEA for 250ml SS milk (rest will be used for brews)and 1/2 HEB for wheetabix
am snack - Apple
L - Innocent Mousakka Veg pot 2.5 syns, 2 x plums, Velvet Crunch (4 syns)
T - Cauliflower, potato, spinach and chickpea curry with rice & Asda Wholemeal Pitta (HEB2)

Snacks - Banana, more strawbs, Alpen light (other half HEB1) 8 mikado (4syns)

Total syns - 10.5/105

Missed my HEA2 woops

Last edited:
Hey Corblimey

Nice to 'meet' you and well done for trying again - Its pretty much like reading my own profile - especially when you say how you sabotage yourself. I am not a comfort eater per say, but I do like to think "oh f**k it" and just go off course. This forum really does help you stay on track. Your last suppers sounds like the mutts nuts by the way - I so would have had half a garlic bread with it though! Oh the confessions of a fat bird! I am also a bacon rind/chicken skin/meat fat-aholic! I love the stuff - I wished I found it disgusting, but I so don't! Its a battle every time I am near it!

What are those Innocent Snack pot thingys like? They are fairly low in syns and seem a good emergency lunch if I don't have time to make my own.

Good luck! (oh and good luck at the dentist!)

Charley xc

Well one day down and so far so good, I have updated yesterdays plan so I know what i've eaten each day. I'm hoping coming on here will stop me falling off the wagon!

Hi Charleybarley, nice to 'meet' you too and thanks for the comments :) Oh i'm a terrible ''Oh f*ck it'' kind of eater, the weekends are my downfall not helped by all the vino too. My problem is that often one day off track (sometimes just one meal) makes me think sod it for the rest of the week and I convince myself I will get back on track when I start SW again and in the meantime stuff anything that I can get hold of down my gob thinking I might aswell eat what I want now as I won't be able to once I am back on the SW waggon, which leads me to eating things I never usually would just because I can, then the week turns to a few weeks - any excuse really. Oh and the shame of my crispy fat obsession :eek: I wish i didn't have the affliction but its just so damn good! I have found that bacon fat on a rasher of bacon is 2 syns on red or EE so if i can stick to just one......... The Veg pot was nice and tasty but to be honest not massively filling, i am a greedy thing though but was nice for a quick and low syn lunch (think some of the others are quite high) with my fruit and crisps to help fill me up. I will try and find your diary when I can work my way around minimins!

Thursday 03.05.2012 - Green Day

B - Apple and strawbs & 250ml SS Milk for HEA1
L - Leftover curry from last night
T - Frittata with feta salad (42g = HEA2) and Wholemeal Pitta = HEB1

Snacks - Fibre plus = HEB2

Syns so far - 2 for sugar (will update tomorrow)

Hi Charleybarley, nice to 'meet' you too and thanks for the comments :) Oh i'm a terrible ''Oh f*ck it'' kind of eater, the weekends are my downfall not helped by all the vino too. My problem is that often one day off track (sometimes just one meal) makes me think sod it for the rest of the week and I convince myself I will get back on track when I start SW again and in the meantime stuff anything that I can get hold of down my gob thinking I might aswell eat what I want now as I won't be able to once I am back on the SW waggon, which leads me to eating things I never usually would just because I can, then the week turns to a few weeks - any excuse really. Oh and the shame of my crispy fat obsession :eek: I wish i didn't have the affliction but its just so damn good! I have found that bacon fat on a rasher of bacon is 2 syns on red or EE so if i can stick to just one......... The Veg pot was nice and tasty but to be honest not massively filling, i am a greedy thing though but was nice for a quick and low syn lunch (think some of the others are quite high) with my fruit and crisps to help fill me up. I will try and find your diary when I can work my way around minimins!

Hey Cor!

Its just like listening to myself talk! I am exactly the bloody same. I think "oh f**K it" and then instead of drawing a line under it, I stupidly tell myself that I will start again on Monday - whether the day I am being naughty is Saturday or even Thursday or something and like you I just eat whatever I can and in massive quantities until I feel sick in my head thinking " I might as well get it out of my system" thats what I do regularly and that is why I am just floating around the same very high weights. Its self-sabotaging - thats what it is and I really need to get this vicious circle out of my head.

Oh well lets keeping fighting the good fight lovey!

Have a lovely rest of your weekend!
x

p.s my food diary is the link that is just above my signature.

Hi corblimey!

We sound so similar... I love cooking too - especially baking tasty cakes and cooking yummy things from scratch which are rarely that healthy!
I'm also a terrible vino abuser at the weekends, although having a baby now means vino is usually confined to late on the sofa rather than in the pubs!

Hope you've had a good weekend so far x

I'm back

Argh... well after nearly 2 weeks completely AWOL I'm back, although after only sticking to it for 2 days in the first place it was hardly my best attempt. Yes I did my usual and ate everything I could get my chubby little mitts on and am back with a 1.5lb gain. Boohoo but all my own fault and totally deserved, to be honest I'm surprised it's not more.

So today I have joined SW online, really could do without the added expense at the moment and I feel I know most of the plan off by heart but I'm hoping that the guilt of the money I have spent and the constant reminder to complete my food diary will help give me a much needed kick up the backside.

This is what I need to remember

1 Stop making excuses
- I am the only person responsible for getting this fat and I am only answerable to myself. Whether I have had a crappy day or the car has broken or I've stubbed my toe is no excuse to eat whatever the hell I want, it won't fix my car or make my toe feel better but it will make me fatter
2 Stop counting calories - Just because a free mugshot has the same calories as a bar of chocolate doesn't mean I can eat the chocolate bar and pretend it's the same
3 It's only food - I love food, all food, but it's not the be all and end all of life(what I would give to be one of those people who eats to live and not the other way round)
4 Follow the plan - It works, any diet you follow 100% works. Stop second guessing that you know better and thinking that you can wing it yourself
5 One slip up does not excuse a binge - Just because I have eaten or drunk something I shouldn't or had a planned meal out doesn't give me an excuse to eat everything in sight and start again the next week. Just pick yourself up and carry on otherwise you will be starting all over again

I hope that I can come back to this at moments of weakness and realise why I am here and what I need to do about it, wish me luck!

Wednesday 16.05.2012 - EE

B - Shape 0 vanilla yoghurt & apple (0.5syn). 1 tsp sugar (1syn) 2 x splashes milk (1syn)
L - Pasta salad with cuc, toms, sp onion, red onion, peppers, ssnap peas, radish & herbs served with celery sticks and lettuce. Small tin of tuna. Dressed with FF light french dressing, lemon juice, garlic pepper and tsp parmesan (1syn)[STRIKE] [STRIKE]Eat smart pickled onion crisps (1.5 syn) [/STRIKE][/STRIKE]edited to say these are the most disgusting crisps I have ever tried, ate 2 and the rest went in the bin so will count as 0.5 syn, sooo not even worth the 1.5 syns will stick to velvet crunch in future!
Mixed melon and grape salad
T - HM burger with WW bacon, slice cheddar (HEA),small wholemeal roll (HEB) normal pot wedges and sweet pot wedges served with gerkins & large salad of lett, pepper, toms and onion.

Snacks - Pear, Fibre Plus (6 syns)

Syns total 10/15

Last edited:
Food is looking fab for today :drool: Hope that you are having a great week x

Thursday 17.05.2012 - Green

B - Banana, shape 0 yogurt (0.5syn) Splash milk (0.5syn) and 1/2 tsp sugar (0.5syn)

L - Pasta salad with same veggies as yesterday and 50g feta, (HEB1) Olives (1syn) dressed with FF french dressing, garlic pepper and lemon juice. Apple & Pear

T - JP with cheese (HEA1&2) and beans with griddled peppers and mushrooms

Snacks - 2 x Alpen lights (HEB2)

Hmm not sure if 3 portions of cheese on one day is healthy, doesn't say on the website that I can't but to be honest I'm shocked at how awful the site is, other than looking at syn values it's useless. I downloaded the app last night which was even worse!

Syns so far 2.5/15

Will update

Last edited:
Well 1.5 days down and 100% (I know it doesn't sound it but thats an achievement for me!) today is technically my Friday as I am off work until Monday, kind of dreading the weekend food wise as we are having friends round. I'm doing the cooking and planning on making

Beef, Tomato and Kale curry
Veg pakoras (from SW website)
Daal curry
Onion Salad
Minty, garlic yoghurt type dip
Rice
Poppadoms

So mainly syn free except for the odd poppadom and a bit of oil but the wine is already beckoning and I need to resist. Will try and get online on my phone over the weekend to update but I have a notebook handy to record everything just in case :fingerscrossed:

Hey Cor

How are you? Your curry sounds fabuloso -so were you as good as you were hoping on the weekend? I wasn't, I have been a naughty naughty girl, but back on it today.

x

Thursday 17.05.2012 - Green

B - Banana, shape 0 yogurt (0.5syn) Splash milk (0.5syn) and 1/2 tsp sugar (0.5syn)

L - Pasta salad with same veggies as yesterday and 50g feta, (HEB1) Olives (1syn) dressed with FF french dressing, garlic pepper and lemon juice. Apple & Pear

T - JP with cheese (HEA1&2) and beans with griddled peppers and mushrooms

Snacks - 2 x Alpen lights (HEB2)

Hmm not sure if 3 portions of cheese on one day is healthy, doesn't say on the website that I can't but to be honest I'm shocked at how awful the site is, other than looking at syn values it's useless. I downloaded the app last night which was even worse!

Syns so far 2.5/15

Will update

On a green day, cheese overload is totally acceptable, I agree it does seem excessive, but I guess as long as you don't do it too often then it will be ok. Also before SW you probably had tons more cheese/diary on any given day - so take it cheesy (ha ha, get it?!)

I totally agree with you that the SW app for Iphone is sh!te!

xx

Hi,

Just creeping back with the weekend indulgence, just one day over on syns (but reeealllly over) then back on the next day. Better than my usual habits but must do better.

Friday 18.05.2012

B/L - Ham, onion, pepper and mushroom omlette with beans (HEa cheese)
2 x splash milk (1) 1 tsp sugar (1)

T - Spicy chicken, pepper and onion fajita with tortilla wrap (7 syns) with lettuce, onion and toms. Free HM salsa and fake sour cream

Snacks - Fibre plus (HEb) 175ml red wine, i even measured this out :D (6 syns)

Total = 15

Saturday 19.05.2012

B/L - Bacon (WW so no naughty crispy fat) 2 x BGTY saus (1) grilled toms and mushrooms. 2 x splash milk (1) 1 tsp sugar (1)

T - Yeah well here is where it went wrong....Beef, kale and tomato madras/vindaloo type thing (approx 2 syns for oil, used 1 tbsp but served 4) with rice, Daal curry (again approx 2 syns for oil) free yoghurt dip, tbsp lime pickle (1.5) 3 poppadoms (6)
If i'd have stopped there I would have been fine for syns however lots of wine was consumed, hence 3 poppadoms instead of 1, i'm guessing around 50 for the day and no HEA or B

Sunday 20.05.2012

Managed to pick myself up from the wine hangover

B/L same as Friday with 1 slice WM bread from 800g loaf (HEb) Cheese = (HEa) 2 sugars (2) and 2 splashes milk (1)

T - Chicken, cous cous, lett, cel, toms, sp onion, mango & radish salad dressed with lime

Snacks - 2 x Alpen lights (6)

Total = 8

Monday 21.05.2012

B - Banana and blueberries. Milk (1/2 HEA) 1 tsp sugar (1)

L - Same chicken, mango, cous cous salad from yesterday with 1 tbsp 30% LF salad cream (2)
Half a pineapple, yes HALF a pineapple in one go!! Fresh pineapple always hurts my mouth so that should teach me for being so greedy, sore now!

T - Chicken, bacon (fat removed before cooking!!!) mushroom and asparagus risotto with rocket and parmesan (15g = other 1/2 HEA) 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil (3)

250ml white wine with ice, soda and lime (8)

HEB = 2 xAlpen light

Syns 14

Last edited:
Tuesday 22.05.2012 - Green Day

B - Blueberries. 1tsp sugar (1) Milk (1/2 HEA1)

L - Leek, celeriac, asparagus and potato soup with pearl barley (yes soup and it's one of the hottest days of the year so far, i'm blummin roasting!!) Asda WM Pitta (HEB1) with 1 x 35g pot light philly (1/2 HEA1) Watermelon.

T - JP with cheese (HEA2) and beans

Snacks - Apple

Syns - 1/15 and didn't have HEB2 which isn't like me at all!

Last edited:
On a green day, cheese overload is totally acceptable, I agree it does seem excessive, but I guess as long as you don't do it too often then it will be ok. Also before SW you probably had tons more cheese/diary on any given day - so take it cheesy (ha ha, get it?!)

I totally agree with you that the SW app for Iphone is sh!te!

xx

Only just seen this :) Oh yes I looooves cheese, I hadn't realised you could use it as a B choice on green but will try and limit usage then I don't get too cheeesy, definitely ate more some days pre-SW - mmm cheesy mash! xx

Wednesday 23.05.2012

Well WI day today and 3lb off, really pleased with that after naughty wine night

B - Banana, blueberries and activia 0 yog. Milk (HEA) 1 tsp sugar (1)

L - Leek, celeriac, asparagus and potato soup with pearl barley. Watermelon. M Eat Smart bacon crisp (2) Harvest Morn bar (1/2 HEB)

T - Gammon, fresh pineapple, pot wedges, toms, asparagus, mushrooms and peppers. I will be heating the pineapple under the gril coz my teeth don't like it when I eat hot and cold together. But not synning it, i'm rebellious like that ;) I do get the food abuse thing but I won't be eating any more than I would have done if it was cold so in my mind it's ok.

Snacks - 2 x Harvest Morn bar (HEB)+

Syns - Lg glass of red 8.5

Total = 11.5

Last edited:
Wednesday 23.05.2012

Well WI day today and 3lb off, really pleased with that after naughty wine night

B - Banana, blueberries and activia 0 yog. Milk (HEA) 1 tsp sugar (1)

L - Leek, celeriac, asparagus and potato soup with pearl barley. Watermelon. M Eat Smart bacon crisp (2) Harvest Morn bar (1/2 HEB)

T - Gammon, fresh pineapple, pot wedges, toms, mushrooms and peppers. I will be heating the pineapple under the gril coz my teeth don't like it when I eat hot and cold together. But not synning it, i'm rebellious like that ;) I do get the food abuse thing but I won't be eating any more than I would have done if it was cold so in my mind it's ok.

Snacks - Harvest Morn bar (1/2 HEB)

Syns - 3 so far, will update

Well done Cor! Thats fantastico!!! And I wouldnt syn the grilled pineapple either hun, don't worry! May I ask what your name is please? It feels weird calling you Cor! xx

Back