Cornflour?

River

Ready for the new me!
Hi everyone, Im having a house party next week for my sisters 21st birthday and the idea was to have a chinese meal together. So i decided to go lite and to make myself salt and pepper prawns but the only thing is the recipe uses cornflour and i was wondering if you can use cornflour on lite?

Thank you :)

Its not in the book River :( have you got your book to do a list from yet?

Allowed condiments are:
herbs, spices, salt, pepper, red Tabasco sauce, worcester sauce, soy sauce, chilli sauce, vinegar, mustard

I thinks cornflour is pure starch so probably too many carbs xx

How are you getting on with Lite?

Yeh i had a feeling it might not be but thank you huni :). I couldnt find garlic or ginger on there and asked my LLC so i was hoping slightly! I think ill do what you said and put everything i can eat on a list so i dont have to flip for pages when im shopping!

Ive not started yet however i do start on Tuesday! Im excited and nervous as i loove to cook for others, even on lighterlife im still cooking for my OH and family. So its going to be fun to experience food in a new way again hehe :). xx

You can use garlic, page 12.

Ginger is not specifically mentioned, as it is a root I'm not sure. But it could come under herbs & spices which are allowed.

I use cajun spices on my roasted vegetables to give them a bit of oomph! xx

I found it on page 26 under boost the flavour whilst reading earlier :). Ooh lovely ill have to try that next week hehe :D xx

Last edited:
Back