Corrine Weight Loss

CorrineP

Hi all

Well the krux of the matter is that I need to lose weight for my cousin Claires wedding. She is getting married on 11th August 07 and Im determined to no only shift the lbs but also be a support for her. She recently lost her little niece and put on all of the weight she had lost with cambridge while crunching through various sweet and savoury treats. I too have been doing this because Im very close to her and pretty much what she doses I do. Whereas her problem is comfort eating, my problem is social eating.

Im being bridesmaid for her and really want to do her proud. We were both doing cambridge with a counsellor (who will remain nameless), who basically would almost drive you to food with frustration and wasnt like some of the counsellors I see on here.

I have a supply of Cambridge left and have started today as day one. So far Im bored because I have so much time on my hands. Most of my time is usually cooking and eating, so not cooking and eating is a struggle. I joined here months ago but I have been pretty silent because everyone seems to be doing so much better than I think possible for myself.

I have decided to have a chart and give myself a star for every lb I lose. I will then count the stars at the end and this will be my budget for the new wardrobe.

Corrine x

:) All the very best to you Corrine in your journey. I too have a long way to go! I'm also using up my old packs while I try and find another counsellor. My old one was lovely but I can't go back to her for the umpteenth time - I feel so bad about it.

I look forward to seeing tons of stars:D

Thanks Helen

My last counsellor wasnt lovely LOL and Im not even sure she could be called a counsellor. Im actually considering a short time on CBT to sort my head out because I know I have real head issues! lol

All the best on your quest for a new counsellor. We had just one over here in Northern Ireland she was horrid but thankfully Debz is starting to do it and having had the brunt of the treatment from that counsellor, I just know she will be brill.

Corrine

Hi Ya All

Im Starving!!!! Im totally not mentally ready for this but at the same time Im not giving up this easily, so maybe I am mentally ready?? Im Confused!! lol

Corrine x

Welcome:D Don't worry about having to start again - you've only failed if you falter and then don't start again! We're not all 'perfect' you know. There's some who are totally focused from start to finish, some who make the odd detour and some (like me) who make so many detours they get lost.............. somehow we find our own way.

Good luck - keep busy:D

How's it going Corrine?

I went back to my old counsellor in the end - she is so nice and not at all judgemental (well maybe a bit, but in a nice way)

I had my first weigh-in with her on Tuesday and I had gone down (on her scales) from 20.02 to 19.10 which is OK but just proves that picking on this diet stops/slows the loss!

It's just sooo much harder to SS when you are doing this the 2nd+ time around.

Hope you are managing

welcome corrine
hope you find a concillor that you like
good luck with the diet
kaz xx

Back