Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Costa gerr

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by claracluck1981, 30 November 2010 Social URL.

1. claracluck1981

claracluck1981 is taking a scenic route

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Went inro Costa today and ordered skinny cappincino, sat down and had a sip and thought it tasted a bit more creamy than usual- looked at my reciept and looks as though they had made up a normal 'fat one', feel mega guilty now - too many syns! but thought as i'd already had a sip i shouldn't make a fuss. Wish i could have checked how they were making it but i was keeping and eye on my 3yo who was already sitting at a table (he enjoyed his little babycino bless him). Would you have made a fuss and took it back?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    Yes I would have taken it back but that's not making a fuss, it's getting what you ordered. It happened to me in Starbucks last week. When the coffees were made they'd made a normal capuccino so I asked them to change it. No problem.

Don't worry about drinking it thouggh, just get on with the rest of the day.

4. Safia

Safia Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i would have taken it back and asked for what you wanted x costa also did this to me, i ordered a tea with skimmed milk but i saw them putting whole milk in and when i asked what she had put it she realised her mistake and had to make me a fresh tea x

5. Margery Dawe

Margery Dawe Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.92%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I'm terrible at complaining, meaning that I complain at the drop of a hat. My hubby hates it!!! LOL I've even gone back to ask them to put more coffee in, as once I cleared the froth the mug was only half full!! I ask you :)

6. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think as a nation we're atrocious about sticking up for ourselves in restaurants, cafe's etc. We're just too embarrased usually. I recently ordered a decent SW meal (steak, baked spud & grilled toms & mushrooms). I knew the serving sizes were a bit on the wanting side so I also ordered a side of steamed veg. I'd started on the veg before I noticed a pool of butter at the bottom but I called the server over and asked for a new side without the butter. No ifs or buts, it was replaced in a trice. I will deffo be doing the same again from now on.

7. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    I would have said something. Im usually one of the minority who does cause a fuss :giggle: If i dont get what i order then i will complain, im paying them money to give me what they want? I dont think so!!

8. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I'm a complainer too! But if I get great service I make it known. I've often emailed places to remark on it.

9. kirstabubble

kirstabubble Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(9.44%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    This happened to me in Costa...I got a takeaway skinny latte and I sw that that girl had used full fat milk. She assured me it was skinny, so when I got back to my office everyone tried it and it was definitely full fat.

So I went back and had a bit of a row with the barista and got exactly what I ordered.

I'm a bit of a complainer. If I pay for something, I expect to get exactly what I ask for.

On the other hand, I just looked up the syns for you, and a small full fat cappucino is 3.5 syns, medium is 5 syns and large is 6 syns...so it's not all bad at all!

xx

10. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    we do to, or we leave a decent tip :) Its nice to recieve compliments myself so why not give them when deserved :giggle:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.