Costa gerr

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by claracluck1981, 30 November 2010 Social URL.

1. claracluck1981

claracluck1981 is taking a scenic route

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Went inro Costa today and ordered skinny cappincino, sat down and had a sip and thought it tasted a bit more creamy than usual- looked at my reciept and looks as though they had made up a normal 'fat one', feel mega guilty now - too many syns! but thought as i'd already had a sip i shouldn't make a fuss. Wish i could have checked how they were making it but i was keeping and eye on my 3yo who was already sitting at a table (he enjoyed his little babycino bless him). Would you have made a fuss and took it back?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    Yes I would have taken it back but that's not making a fuss, it's getting what you ordered. It happened to me in Starbucks last week. When the coffees were made they'd made a normal capuccino so I asked them to change it. No problem.

Don't worry about drinking it thouggh, just get on with the rest of the day.

4. Safia

Safia Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i would have taken it back and asked for what you wanted x costa also did this to me, i ordered a tea with skimmed milk but i saw them putting whole milk in and when i asked what she had put it she realised her mistake and had to make me a fresh tea x

5. Margery Dawe

Margery Dawe Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.92%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I'm terrible at complaining, meaning that I complain at the drop of a hat. My hubby hates it!!! LOL I've even gone back to ask them to put more coffee in, as once I cleared the froth the mug was only half full!! I ask you :)

6. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think as a nation we're atrocious about sticking up for ourselves in restaurants, cafe's etc. We're just too embarrased usually. I recently ordered a decent SW meal (steak, baked spud & grilled toms & mushrooms). I knew the serving sizes were a bit on the wanting side so I also ordered a side of steamed veg. I'd started on the veg before I noticed a pool of butter at the bottom but I called the server over and asked for a new side without the butter. No ifs or buts, it was replaced in a trice. I will deffo be doing the same again from now on.

7. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    I would have said something. Im usually one of the minority who does cause a fuss :giggle: If i dont get what i order then i will complain, im paying them money to give me what they want? I dont think so!!

8. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I'm a complainer too! But if I get great service I make it known. I've often emailed places to remark on it.

9. kirstabubble

kirstabubble Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(9.44%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    This happened to me in Costa...I got a takeaway skinny latte and I sw that that girl had used full fat milk. She assured me it was skinny, so when I got back to my office everyone tried it and it was definitely full fat.

So I went back and had a bit of a row with the barista and got exactly what I ordered.

I'm a bit of a complainer. If I pay for something, I expect to get exactly what I ask for.

On the other hand, I just looked up the syns for you, and a small full fat cappucino is 3.5 syns, medium is 5 syns and large is 6 syns...so it's not all bad at all!

xx

10. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    we do to, or we leave a decent tip :) Its nice to recieve compliments myself so why not give them when deserved :giggle:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.