Costacoffe!!!!

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
So i went into costa today and ordered a skinny latte. Iv never had one before but some of you said you still can have them on exante so i ordered one. Well it tasted really creamy so i checked they'd used skimmed milk and they assured me they had. They then didn't have any tabley sweetner so i had to have 2 little powder sachets. After drinking half the glass i couldn't have any more because my whole mouth felt like it was coated in cream (all thick tasting if you know what i mean.) Now im really hungry and am struggling not to think about eating. Do you think its done me any harm???

I shouldnt think so unless youre extremely carb intolerant.

thinking about it i haven't really drunk enough water today so that probably it. Still the latte was so thick i dont believe it was skimmed!!! hmmmm think i'll give i a miss next time.

I find that coffee now makes me very hungry, tea is OK. I used to be OK on coffee but now its just not worth it.

GSQ

Hi Pizzle, I had a costa latte today too and I did see it being made with fresh skimmed milk (and I added sweetner) and they are very creamy and quite 'heavy' when you aren't eating normally. I use skimmed milk all the time but I think this amount all
at once is just overload. xx

glad someone else thinks so too. I just didn't enjoy it, god knows what it would be like with my normal semi-skimmed or heaven forbit my treat....full fat blue top!!!

blue top milk, i laugh in the face of blue topped milk now! never again i can promise you that.

I am a small skinny take away latte girl... Costa is my Mecca! Unless you're used to it it can be quite thick but I just loooooooooove them so drink it slowly and enjoy it! Hence the take away! X

Can we have lattes?? Will it not knock me out of ketosis? Oooooooooh im very excited about this little revelation! X

Stephie77 xxx

Can we have lattes?? Will it not knock me out of ketosis? Oooooooooh im very excited about this little revelation! X

Stephie77 xxx

OK the good thing about this diet is that you are in charge. You can have a latte if you want but milk has carbs. The risk is it will knock you out of ketosis and slow your weight loss down. But its up to you - Exante say water, black tea and coffee and green tea. They don't agree with Coke Zero either but lots find its fine and helps them stick to it.
So its up to you -
GSQ

Getslimquick said:
OK the good thing about this diet is that you are in charge. You can have a latte if you want but milk has carbs. The risk is it will knock you out of ketosis and slow your weight loss down. But its up to you - Exante say water, black tea and coffee and green tea. They don't agree with Coke Zero either but lots find its fine and helps them stick to it.
So its up to you -
GSQ

I agree with GSQ and personally I wouldnt bother with lattes or coke zero. To me the whole point of being on a food replacement diet is for me to recognise when I eat on impulse and part of the reason I'm so overweight is because I have poor cohesion to boundaries - being in abstinence is teaching me boundaries and having anything other than I'm supposed to will just lead on to more and more over consuming!
I know that's not the case for everyone, but just my perspective.
Good luck everyone :) xxxxxxx

I agree with GSQ and personally I wouldnt bother with lattes or coke zero. To me the whole point of being on a food replacement diet is for me to recognise when I eat on impulse

I dont see an occasional latte or a coke zero as eating and as far as Im concerned whether I drink a black coffee or a latte, water or a coke zero Im STILL totally abstaining from food and on a TFR.

Believe me, it wasnt lattes and diet coke that got me to this weight

I did think that, i know i couldnt have them on atkins! I hanvt missed them so far and to be honest the vanilla shake made up hot with some coffee in tastes like my normal skinny sugar free vanilla latte anyway!

Thanks peeps x

Stephie77 xxx

I dont see an occasional latte or a coke zero as eating and as far as Im concerned whether I drink a black coffee or a latte, water or a coke zero Im STILL totally abstaining from food and on a TFR.

Believe me, it wasnt lattes and diet coke that got me to this weight

Starlight I totally understand where you're coming from and perhaps for you it works but I know that personally, having an "occasional" anything for me turns into a lot more! I'm pleased for anyone who can make a choice and stick to it but I am just offering a bit of advice from someone who really struggles once abstinence is broken, however it's broken! I know coke zero or a latte may not seem like food to you, but it's surplus to my nutritional needs and actually for me the whole point of taking these foodpacks is so I don't have to worry about making choices with food whilst I am trying to lose the bulk of my weight. A latte one day will be something else the next that's all...!
I hope I am not coming across wrong here, as I said I think it's great if you can stick to certain extras and not others...I'm respectful of other people's opinions and I agree with GSQ that at the end of the day, it's an individual choice :) xxxxx

I have spun out completely the last 2 times i have had a regular black coffee from Costa...the first time it happened i didnt make the link..the 2nd time it made me feel so ill i had to sit down on the kerb in the middle of a busy street lol.. made me giddy and really nauseated.. as i was walking it felt like the pavement was coming up to smack me in the face.. i think it was just a massive caffeine overload as they make it so strong...i was fine with it b4 TS but cant cope with it since using exante..

As for latte's i have never had milk in coffee even pre diet so cant comment on that lol.. but like Starlight says..the latte's and coke zero never made any of us fat lol xxxx

I think it is important to find what works for you. I can live without lattes and coke Zero but morning tea with milk is a must for me. It does not seem to have slowed down my weight loss - three months AND three stone, but I am not in a race. If milk in tea means I arrive a bit later or I stay sane with an odd skinny latte, that's fine too. I have gone off coffee anyway so not an issue for me.
So its up to you.
GSQ

ooohhh!!! I'm going to try that now 'cos of all the shakes I think the vanilla one is a bit strange, I can drink it but I think it's like thin dream topping!

Back