Costs?

CornishPixie

Hi everyone!

Am starting LLL from LLT this weekend following advice from the docs and I was wondering if you could tell me how much the sachets cost a week and also how much you roughly spend on your food on top of that...so a roughly "weekly spend". As LLT was a standard £72 a week it was easy to calculate, however our LLC isnt the best and I am wondering if its worth sticking with the LL sachets or purchasing the sachets instead from exante instead.

Thanks for your help in advance
CP xxx

The packs will cost £54, as now you will be buying 21 instead of 28.

As for the food, I can't really tell you to be honest! Depends on how savvy you are when buying lean protein and vegetables. Frozen vegetables are a good way forward as they keep longer and are cheaper - the downside to them sometimes is that their texture suffers.
I like my vegetables crisp and fresh, so I buy the fresh stuff - but this does cost more. The protein, I buy frozen chicken breast, quorn, frozen prawns - look for great deals on it - you can always bag yourself a bargain (such as Tesco/Asda do sometimes: 3 whole chickens for £10!). Cook the whole chicken and divide it into portions to freeze.
I find the most expensive item on my list is always the copious amount of salad! But that's me, I go through it quickly! :D

I can't advise on cost because I feed my boyfriend, my cat and myself! ;) BUT - having said that, my costs have gone down a little... Junk food, alcohol and "treats" certainly add up to a whole lot more than this! ;)

As for the LLC... I do understand that a supportive individual is far more motivational than one you can't connect to... It's a hard dialemma. But, switching to another diet (such as Exante) will take away ALL of that structure, the weekly WI's and the support you do get from a consistent group and seeing the same face of your LLC. Knowing that you are "answering" to that one person every week, psychologically helps to keep you on track. It would be too chaotic to switch now.

I couldn't imagine switching diets now. My LLC is brilliant, however, I don't actually get anything out of the classes anymore. What keeps me on the straight and narrow is my own determination to get to where I want to be as well as the weekly meeting stucture - I dare not sabotage the WI! :D

That is so true, and the weekly weigh in really does spur me on. however it is also a bit of a double edged sword with me, as i get really frustrateg when the scales dont move...i guess your body doesnt work on a 7 day cycle but it can frustrate me.

I think the classes are good, but they arent big. we havent gone through any of the modules we just take the books to read at home as she is busy weighing everyone...so its just a weigh in class for us really...

I have however made a really good friend out of the class, and we keep in touch and meet up at the gym we both go to and socially too. so we do have that. I have my eyes on the prize and am definitely focused, so I might try it for a month and if i start to wobble head straight back to class....definitely food for thought!

Thanks though for your advice, it really helps xx

Back