Cottage Cheese - please help and hello!

Hi there

Hello everyone, room for me?

Started this diet today but i think i may have messed up already :(

I noticed the cottage cheese I have is "low fat" and not "fat free"

so does this mean i cannot eat it? It's onion and chive too :confused:

Hello flowerpot... and welcome to Dukan.

I've still not received my English book, and I am working from the French original (on which it certainly would not be allowed in attack)... hoping one of the girls with the English book can help.

At any rate, eat no more until someone confirms!!

We have a menu thread if you'd like to post...

Welcome!

oh cripes! I've always got spare food in the fridge at work here... want me to fire you over a chicken breast?!!

Basically, stock up on chicken, salmon, prawns, eggs, white fish, tuna, and you can't go far wrong!

Hello :)
How much fat per 100g. The best one is the Longley farm one (0.1g fat/100g). id say best but i cant stand the stuff as of today :D LOL (long story)
mackerel in brine for PP days and ok with the tom for PV days

This is the one i bought

Tesco Light choices onion and chive cottage cheese

per 100g
Cal 85kCal
Fat 1.5g
Sat Fat 0.9g
Sugar 2.4g
Salt 0.8g

strictly speaking you should have very low fat or no fat but i have asked on the fb dukan board and people say this is ok. just dont eat the whole tub at once :)

why did they put SUGAR in cottage cheese? beats me!

i used to like it but now...yak

I used to like it on a crispbread with cucumber on the top... but on its own on Dukan? Nah!

you will be able to have crispbread in maintenance though?

By then, I'll have bread! hihi! (I don't miss chewing on cardboard!)

Lol true. Think im gonna have to read the book again before going on maintenance.

Particularly because there isn't a phase "Maintenance", haaaaa!

Phase 3 is Consolidation (where you add in certain things 6 days a week, always keeping 1 x PP...).

Phase 4 is Stabilisation (where, in the French book at least, very little guidance is given... except to keep the 1 x PP, increase oatbran, avoid stairs, and "off you go"... Lots have problems here because most of us have no idea what "normal eating" is... And so that's where some help often is required...

Before I started low carbing, I had stabilised for two or even three years, using the "80/20" system ("good 80% of the time, less so the other 20%)... while I lost weight before Dukan with "healthy eating", I had pretty much cut out bread etc., but I ate fruit and veg freely so had a fair few carbs going...

Now, alas, having messed around too much probably with my metabolism with real low carbing, and quitting smoking, I found that "95/5%" even resulted in an increase!! So that's something I need to work on... (because my 5% was HUGELY overeating)

omg thats what i meant!!! what i will probably do (when not if I get there) on stabilisation is low fat but 2 whole days off per week :D

Back