cottage pie xenical friendly?

sona1980

Gold Member
plz check my ingredients for quorn cottage pie and let me know if they are xenical friendly. this serves 4. I worked out the POINTS for ww and its 4 points per portion. (possibly less as ive worked with full fat g not the sat fat)

Ingredients

• Topping
  • 700g (1 1/2 lb) potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 225g (1/2 lb) parsnip, peeled and chopped
  • 30ml (2 tablespoons) semi-skimmed milk
  • Filling
  • 15ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
  • 250g (9oz) Quorn mince
  • 175ml (7fl oz) vegetable stock
  • 10ml (1 dessertspoon) vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce - available in large supermarkets or health food shops, alternatively use soy sauce instead
  • salt and freshly ground peppe

Dont think the olive oil is Sona, but you might get away with it as it is a small amount within the whole dish? You could use frylight maybe?

hey FBB i had actually planned on using frylight!! even that if i use 10 sprays is coming up at 10ml! so it will still be about 5g fat in just the oil but its 5g divided by 4 so i think it will be ok! I used foodfocus to calculate the cals and fat in the whole pot. there are 4 portions and it was 288 cals and 3.2g fat per portion.. i duno how that works on a 100/5 g fat scale but it seems fine to me.. its 4 ww points so it cant be too bad it will be consumed with steamed veg and washed down with water! lolz

P.s. im not actually taking the tablets again till next week as im having a few days off.. but just wanted to stay xenical friendly with anything i cook! lolz the rest of my meals will be the same as usual.

Oh yeah forgot you not taking the pills, but good that you are still using the xenical philosophy, that way you will up your chances of losses continuing.

I make cottage pie/spag bol/chilli all with quorn and dont notice much difference tbh.

Enjoy!

i have started to use white wine is some of my recipes instead of any fat where i can get away with it not alot about a tbsp seems to work:D but hey if your gonna use an oil it might as well be a healthy one must admit if i have to use oil it tends to be extra virgin olive oil.:eek::D

Back