cottage pie xenical friendly?

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by sona1980, 15 July 2009 Social URL.

1. sona1980

sona1980 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3.3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.2lb(4.74%)
    Diet:
    All of them!
    plz check my ingredients for quorn cottage pie and let me know if they are xenical friendly. this serves 4. I worked out the POINTS for ww and its 4 points per portion. (possibly less as ive worked with full fat g not the sat fat)

Ingredients

• Topping
    • 700g (1 1/2 lb) potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
    • 225g (1/2 lb) parsnip, peeled and chopped
    • 30ml (2 tablespoons) semi-skimmed milk
    • Filling
    • 15ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil
    • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
    • 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
    • 250g (9oz) Quorn mince
    • 175ml (7fl oz) vegetable stock
    • 10ml (1 dessertspoon) vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce - available in large supermarkets or health food shops, alternatively use soy sauce instead
    • salt and freshly ground peppe

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flabbybumbum

flabbybumbum On a mission

Start Weight:
    24st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(20.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World & Xenical
    Dont think the olive oil is Sona, but you might get away with it as it is a small amount within the whole dish? You could use frylight maybe?

4. sona1980

sona1980 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3.3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.2lb(4.74%)
    Diet:
    All of them!
    hey FBB i had actually planned on using frylight!! even that if i use 10 sprays is coming up at 10ml! so it will still be about 5g fat in just the oil but its 5g divided by 4 so i think it will be ok! I used foodfocus to calculate the cals and fat in the whole pot. there are 4 portions and it was 288 cals and 3.2g fat per portion.. i duno how that works on a 100/5 g fat scale but it seems fine to me.. its 4 ww points so it cant be too bad it will be consumed with steamed veg and washed down with water! lolz

5. sona1980

sona1980 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3.3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.2lb(4.74%)
    Diet:
    All of them!
    P.s. im not actually taking the tablets again till next week as im having a few days off.. but just wanted to stay xenical friendly with anything i cook! lolz the rest of my meals will be the same as usual.

6. flabbybumbum

flabbybumbum On a mission

Start Weight:
    24st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(20.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World & Xenical
    Oh yeah forgot you not taking the pills, but good that you are still using the xenical philosophy, that way you will up your chances of losses continuing.

I make cottage pie/spag bol/chilli all with quorn and dont notice much difference tbh.

Enjoy!

7. crystalfaery

crystalfaery Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(4.98%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating, exercise and xenical
    i have started to use white wine is some of my recipes instead of any fat where i can get away with it not alot about a tbsp seems to work:D but hey if your gonna use an oil it might as well be a healthy one must admit if i have to use oil it tends to be extra virgin olive oil.:eek::D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.