cottage pie

Discussion in 'SW Winter Warmer Recipes' started by faith08, 2 September 2010 Social URL.

1. faith08

faith08 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(22.32%)
    Diet:
    was sw now ww
    hi im looking for a receipe for cottage pie made wit qourn hopefully free on green ;)

if anyone could help me :wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. madmaxg

madmaxg Full Member

Quorn cottage pie recipe

Hi Faith08,

If you look on the quorn website they have some really good recipes on there. I think cottage pie is one of them.;) Perhaps you'd like to give it a go, just google quorn recipes

4. -Laura-

-Laura- Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(16.35%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Fry onion, garlic, Quorn mince, herbs and seasoning, add a can of chopped tomatoes and heat through. Put in an oven proof dish, top with mashed potato and bake at 190 C/375 F/Gas 5 for 20 minutes or until golden.

Out of one of my SW books - haven't tried it myself but seems pretty straightforward! I'd probably chuck a few extra veg in it to bulk it up.

5. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    I use Quorn a lot, my Cottage pie recipe

Onion, chopped
    Garlic, crushed
    Carrots, diced
    peas
    stock cube
    salt and pepper
    mixed herbs
    worcectershire sauce
    potaotoes
    milk
    cheese

Gently soften onion and garlic in fry light, add carrots and soften, add quorn mince stock cube ( beef or veg, depends if your a veggie!) add peas, salt and pepper and mixed herbs - can add worcestershire sauce too and water and simmer untill veg cooked and water has reduced.
    cook and mash potatoes ( add some milk from HEA or synned -TIP heat the milk don't add it cold to hot potatoes) and season.
    Put mince mix in dish and top with potatoe. Can add some cheese too for HEA or syns ( i prefer to use full fat cheese 28g than the 42g of low fat cheese, the low fat doesnt melt and brown as nicely)
    put in oven for 15-20mins to brown up.
    All free ( just chese/milk to syn or HEA's)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.