Couch to 5 K

Itoy & Suerti

Life is what you make it
Ive begun couch to 5K yesterday - and completed Week 1, day 2 today - although will be doing it 5 days instead of 3 :)
Thought I would start a challenge for people to join in - or just keep me accountable :) xx

Hi Jojo :) Im actually loving it :) Realistically I know Iwill have to repeat some weeks later into the program - but I will eventually reach week 9 and look forward to being able to do it - and being able to do it comfortably :) How are you finding it? What week/day are you up too? :D

Oops sent before I was ready!

Went road running lunch time which was hilly which was hard work! I'm finding it quite hard tbh. I have sore ankles all the time and I'm not sure if I'm to heavy atm to do road running if I'm honest!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:) My shins have been hurting - although today they are feeling better :) Im lucky i have one of those fancy treadmills that have all tose suspension thingy's in it to make it more comfortable - Im sure at my weight I went road running my bones would break! LOL. What days are you planning on doing it?

I just finished Day 3, Week one - :) Bring on Day 4 :D

May I join you too? I started the challenge yesterday on the treadmill. I am really unfit and get out of breath just climbing the stairs. Day 1 was a struggle but I did stick to it and did complete it. Are you all doing it daily or following the program?

Sure you can join :) I was going to do how the program is (3 times per week) - but as I am very very unfit I upped it to 5x per week - :) Completely up to you how many times :D
Today I completed Day 4 :) Still hard - but worth it :)

I've completed Week 1 - onto week 2 starting Monday :D

Well done Itoy and Suerti :).

I am hoping to do day 2 today and day 3 on Sunday.

Sounds Good Kaya :D I find the last 2 jogs fairly difficult... but I read a book as Im walking which helps pass the time... LOL

I know what you mean about the last two jogs, maybe as we progress it will become easier.
Reading is a good idea :)

I like using audio books, the ones that get me the best are inspirational books, just make sure you leave one ear free to hear your environment.

Oooh good idea :) I actually read a magazine on there called prevention... is about healthy lifestyles etc :) also doggie stories :D

Hows Everyone getting on? Itoy and Suerti have you started week two?

I have still have not completed week one :break_diet:. Hopefully after work today I will pick up them trainers!

Hi Kaya :) Yes im on week 2. Day 3 tomorrow morning. Is a big jump from week one and 2 - you wouldnt think so... I really dont want to repeat a week so am trying to push through it. haha. How are you finding it Kaya?

Itoy and Suerti your determination is keeping me going :).
I am struggling but I think I have been placing emphasis on speed -tonight I intend to go slower and see if that helps.

Itoy and Suerti your determination is keeping me going :).
I am struggling but I think I have been placing emphasis on speed -tonight I intend to go slower and see if that helps.

Aww :) Im glad it's helping you :) I think its a good idea to take it slow... Think brisk walk and jog - not run. Let me know how you go :) Tomorrow is my last day of week 2 then onto week 3... :D xx

How did you go Kaya?
Ive finished my 5x days of week 2... Starting Monday I am on to week 3... :D xx

How did you go Kaya?
Ive finished my 5x days of week 2... Starting Monday I am on to week 3... :D xx

Way to go!! Well done :)
I nothched speed down on the treadmill - so a gentle jog rather than a hideous run. Onwards we go ..

Back