Couch to 5 K

I'm going to join in too :)
I had started before but my joints were sore. Just going to take pain killers for the running days until I get used to it again. I feel it will be better for my joints in the long run to get this weight off so here we go! Week 1 day 1 today!

Welcome to the challenge Batfinch. How was your first day?

Thanks for advice. Yes did my first day and doing second tomorrow. I did the first day on treadmill put am planning tomorrow outside. I did struggle a bit towards the end but just about managed to finish it. I think I will see how it goes and would rather repeat weeks than give up completely!! I need to work out how to repeat days/weeks as the app just seems to move on to next day/week.

Good luck & let me know how your getting on.

Hi :) It really is completely up to you - it is a 3 day a week program - but I personally do it 5x a week having the weekends C25K free - Although usually one day of the weekend I make OH come for a walk with me :D Also I have chosen to repeat week 4 a few times until I feel more comfortable - When you do it you will know what weeks you will repeat - or maybe you'll breeze through it :D Welcome!!! xxx

Thanks - I will try to do 3/4 times a week and will repeat weeks if necessary. Day 2 week 2 tomorrow!

I had started before but my joints were sore. Just going to take pain killers for the running days until I get used to it again. I feel it will be better for my joints in the long run to get this weight off so here we go! Week 1 day 1 today!

Good luck! How did you find your first day?

Hi Zigmaster,
Welcome to the challenge! So far I have just managed the min 3 days on the treadmill although my intentions were to do more as I dont do any other excersie. I have restarted the programme as I was begining to struggle on week 3. I am hoping to complete week 2 on Wednesday and this time around I'm loving the programme. Have you started week 2?
Glad you are still enjoying the program :)
How did you go? (Also I love your username - I actually had to read it twice because the first time registered the F and B around the other way :D LOL )
Thanks - I will try to do 3/4 times a week and will repeat weeks if necessary. Day 2 week 2 tomorrow!
Oooh go you!!! :D

Hi guys :)

I actually found it alright! I realised when I got home that I'd done 2 extra laps by accident lol!! Don't get me wrong I was knackered but I didn't feel like quitting and the 90second recovery seemed to be enough for me between jogs. Quite pleased with how it went :) no pulled muscles either.

Love your dogs Itoy&Suerti!!!

Ooh Im glad you are loving it... I find all through so far those breaks are a good amount :) Go team C25K!! :D :D
Also thanks for the pooch comment... do you own pooches/pets?

Yeah I have a German Shepherd, 2 cats and 2 guinea pigs lol. Will be adding another Shepherd pup at some point too :)

Did you rescue yours or have them as pups?x

I grew up with German Shepards :) Lovely dogs :). Mine were rehomed - Itoy the brown/grey (Lhasa Apso) is actually a purebred pedigree - his father is an Australian champion. But Itoy has the wrong jaw and was given to a couple at 9 months - who gave him to us 2 days later... Was matted :( Suerti was just put for sale as he got under fences... he is lovely and very loyal :) what are your's names? :)

Poor souls! Not hard to dig down and put some chicken wire under a fence. Do you have any more pics of them? :)

My GSD is called Dino, I've had him since a pup. The cats are Pablo (black longhair moggy) and Ollie (ginger and White moggy), both rescues. The guinea pigs were privately rehomed as the little girl had lost interest - they're called Alfonzo and Cesar lol!
When I eventually get my next pup she'll be called Alice :)

Poor souls! Not hard to dig down and put some chicken wire under a fence. Do you have any more pics of them? :)

My GSD is called Dino, I've had him since a pup. The cats are Pablo (black longhair moggy) and Ollie (ginger and White moggy), both rescues. The guinea pigs were privately rehomed as the little girl had lost interest - they're called Alfonzo and Cesar lol!
When I eventually get my next pup she'll be called Alice :)
Ooh I love the names! :) I'll find some pictures.... do you have pics of yours?

My 2 boys :)

Attachments

• 013 (330x248).jpg
    013 (330x248).jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 054 (299x224).jpg
    054 (299x224).jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 46
haha!! Love the PJs!! I wish I lived near a beach like that :( your boys are gorgeous!

Here are all my boys!

0B9B75CB-07C7-43C4-8B6E-13E0BD6B52F8-1292-0000012935CFC713_zps326601b4.jpg

507B0654-26BA-46C3-BC4C-B2351D2E5763-1292-00000128A7B2A049_zpsae9f5904.jpg

86D3CCD0-0679-45F0-8A51-EB960F346E98-1292-00000127F1AE3AC2_zpsd3eebac7.jpg

191826FB-145E-4239-B78D-086609542977-1292-00000126B7C1E41F_zpsafdfb131.jpg

46BA3B02-0EDB-4BC1-AE09-C935B1FB759F-1292-000001265DD4CD73_zpsb956dd8f.jpg

Aww I love them all! especially the last one of Dino! great pictures :)

Hello
How is everybody getting on?

I have finished week 2 and will be starting week
3 this weekend and am expecting a tough time. Only lost 1lb this week though!

Hi Zigmaster - Im continuing my version of week 4 for another week... Really struggling, but a good kind of struggle :) Ive been told when you get to week 4 - 9 is when the weight starts falling off, as you put on a fair bit of muscle from the beginning :D xx

Can someone tell me where to find the details of the couch to 5k challenge. Thanks x

I have only done W1D1. I've been so busy this week that my joints have been sore by the time I've had the opportunity. Will start again Monday on W1D1

Glad everyone is still doing well :)

I have only done W1D1. I've been so busy this week that my joints have been sore by the time I've had the opportunity. Will start again Monday on W1D1

Glad everyone is still doing well :)
HI BatFitch :) the thing I love most about this program is it can be done at any pace, and repeated as many times as you like :) Go Team 25K xx

Back