Couch to 5 K

Well just finished week three day one and wasnt it just a step up from week 2!!!
Starting to get really hard now! Really struggled towards the end of the three minute job & kept looking at the clock hoping the 3 minute walk would start any second. Did it on treadmill so all on the flat - will give it a go outdoors but not sure about a three minute jog uphill?

Ituy & Suerti - week 4 looks horrendous!
Batfitch - keep going, we can do this
iamreadyforthis - are you joining us?

Anyway onwards and upwards. Good luck all

I did exactly that 0 looked ahead at the coming weeks - it's enough to give anyone a nervous breakdown! LOL
That's why I changed my week 4 slightly - just doing the 2x 5 min jogs, but this week Im adding (and did today) 1 of the 3x min jogs - and next week I'll do the correct week 4. You are doing brilliantly :D As is everyone on the C25K team :D :D xx

Hey I did this last year, and all I can say is, make sure you stretch!!! They don't say that in the C25K I did and boy did I learn the hard way!!!! But keep at it!! Have you signed yourself up for a race to run in? Cos that helped my motivation, I did my 5k run with a bunch of people, there were marshalls along the way encouraging you as you went and then crossing that finish line knowing I'd run 5ks was AMAZING!!! :) Good luck everyone! I'm trying C210K now, though I had to stop for awhile, I'm starting back on it soon. :)

How are we all doing?

i have just finished week three and am dreading week four. I think I'll see how it goes and maybe amend slightly until I can do the whole programme as you advised.

Thanks for the tip about stretching -must be honest haven't so far but will start now.

Ill let you know how I get on

Keep going everyone we WILL get there!!!

You're welcome for the tip re stretching, it made a huge difference for me!!! Good luck in week 4.

Here's a handy quote - what I used to think was hard is now easy! (Erin Stutland). You can do week 4. If you think back to week one, it felt impossible at the time (well it did for me!), but now running that same time is really easy!!!! So you'll be fine :) have fun!

Hi, may I join in? I've done the C25K a few times now and know that it works brilliantly. I went from a total non runner to doing 10k at my fittest :) I'm back at running again after a break so have started again at week 4. I'm off for w5r2 tomorrow and loving it.

I second Joyous-one on the stretching it makes a massive difference to how you feel the day after. If I stretch I have no obvious after effects, if I don't I hobble around like a little old man for a few days or until I run again! Google post run stretches for ideas, I have made up my little stretch routine that suits me (I was getting shin splints initially and had to stop running the first time for a pulled hamstring (not nice!). Running shoes are important too, if you know you're going to stick at it, it's worth investing in a good pair (not expensive, just proper cushioned runners).

I also think the rest days in between runs are also very important, it's when your body repairs itself (you can do other stuff, cycling, swimming zumba etc). I try not to leave more than 2 full days between runs either so it averages out for me at about 3 runs a week. I think this time round I have the benefit of knowing that I CAN do it and so push on even if it's hard, I know it'll not get any harder whereas the first time I was just amazed that I actually managed it every time I had to go for longer.

You're doing really great ladies!! X

Did W5R2 today, 8 and 8 was quite hard but I enjoyed it. How is everyone else getting on?

Hi all,
just finished week 4 so start week 5 next week. Got to say day one of week 4 was a real struggle and almost gave up on the whole thibg. however took some advice and ran outdoors for day 2 at my own pace and this made a massive difference. Ran day 3 on treadmill at reduced speed and although very hard it was much better!

Roll on week 5 - looks painful but we will give it a go. Lol!!

How are you all getting on with this? I had to google it to find out what it was haha x

Hi
There is another c25k forum under excercise which is really helpful and seems to be more active which you may find useful. I'm plodding on very slowly!

Back