couch to 5 k

faye cheshire

Silver Member
I met a girl in Sainsbury s cafe queue and we got chatting. She is a fitbit fan and told me how she had done c25k. She is only around my area in the week.
I did my research and decided to give it a go. I have never been able to run but have now in eight weeks done the 5k and last Thursday went out with my new friend and we did 5.2 miles.
I can t believe it. I am only able to do a slow jog but feeling the benefits mentally and physically.
Anyone else who has

done doing or thinking od doing it I would love to hear from you
Faye x

Hi Faye,

I know this is an older post but that's brilliant. C2K is on my 2018 To Do List. I'm wanting to enter my first 5k park run in May.

I too have a FitBit and absolutely love it. It's such a nifty little gadget to keep you moving.

K x

Hi both! I’ve got a Fitbit and I love it, I do 4-5 miles walking most days, especially at work, but I also have a treadmill which I’m ashamed to say has been masquerading as a clothes horse for several months! :whacky068::oops::oops::rolleyes: ..and I really want to get back into using it! Hopefully I can get some motivation from this thread!!

Haha, Kazz! My cross trainer used to do that too before I made the hubby move it into the garage as I was sick of seeing it!

Sounds like a plan and definitely for after Christmas! :)

Phew!! Though I’ll do some preliminary testing of the aforementioned treadmill, make sure it still works etc :rolleyes::D

[QUOTete
Sounds like a plan and definitely for after Christmas! :)
Hi kiki
I am glad you sre doing c25k. I must warn you off the importance of not increasing your mulage too quckly. I did and the girl i met in Sainsburys ans we both ended up injured. I am returnung to runnung soon but have lost valuable running time by doing too much too soon. Luckiky i only need to rest and stretch my it band and lcl. Good luck...keep in touch faye x
E="kazz43, post: 7998312, member: 85379"]Phew!! Though I’ll do some preliminary testing of the aforementioned treadmill, make sure it still works etc :rolleyes::D[/QUOTE]
Hi th

Its after cbristmas...are we ready???

Ive gone meat free. Just need to get back into exercise. My runni g injury is still there but Sunday am i am going to start again slowly and surely. If it s too painful I will go back to spin but if it s ok will run, walk, and do pilates at home and cancelthe gym membership I don t use.

ZARE YOU WITH ME
MAKE IT THE YEAR WE SUCEEDED
Faye

Hey Faye!

Yep all in. Hubby bought a treadmill so I've started the C25K this week. I've got Week 1 Run 3 planned for tomorrow.

Has anyone else started yet?

K x

Well done. My leg is gettibg better so i have nooked on spon class tomorrow. Need to test it out before i tun. Am looking forward to getting back into the rinning.

Don t over do it like i did
Slow and steady is best
I find runnibg outside easier but i think i may do the treadmill until the weather warms up ..lol!

Back