Couch to 5k

pratainua

Silver Member
I have started the couch to 5k this morning. I have started it before and not finished it but am really aiming to finish it this time.
Has anyone started recently? Would love to hear how others are doing?
Also can anyone recommend an app for android please? Preferably free. The app I used this morning reset itself in the middle of my last run so I had to figure the end of it out myself.
Any words of encouragement or wisdom welcome and if I can reciprocate I will be happy to.

That's fab. When I'm back in the smoke, I'm going to do a DIY bike version. It's quite funny as all the one's I can find online assume cyclists start being able to cycle for 1/2 an hour!

A DIY bike one sounds good. I certainly wouldn't be able to cycle for 30 mins. Well maybe if it was all down hill :p
I finished week 2 run 1 this morning and my app was fine until the cool down which it made me do twice. Must try to get a more reliable app!

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/knowledge/training-plans

That might be of interest,
Happy running and happy cycling.

Thank you! Sadly British Cycling's idea of someone who is going from "sofa to 50k" is someone who can do 30 minutes straight cycling at a cadence of above 80 rpm - ie 4 times the number of pedal rotations one foot makes in 15 seconds should be at 80 or above.

Hence the need for a DIY start for a woman of my stature!!

No probs. It just made me laugh that British Cycling really has no idea about the state of someone who really is starting from the sofa! Well ....actually i walk a bit - but still couldn't cycle at that pace for 30 mins yet.....a project for when I get my new forever home later this year.

Re gymn, biking or C25K, which would make you happiest? Which are you most likely to sustain this winter?

Back