Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

Thanks for that MrsLMC, just trying to gauge what speeds i should roughly be doing on treadmill. Looking forward to Day 2 tomorrow, although legs did ache a touch today!:)

Blue x

No prob blue.

I've just signed up for the operation transformation 5k fun run in 6 WEEKS EEEEEKKKKK

Well done. I watched it tonight and I think I will do it too. Not sure how much actual running I will be able to do lol but I think it will keep me on track when I feel like giving up.

Last edited:
Dunno if I'll be fit to jog the whole thing but I will try to job as much as possible! Nervous about it now... X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Oh great Sinead, it'll be great to be in it together. Was doing my day 1 of week 4 and was feeling great till I got to the 20th minute and got a mad pain in my side (high up under my chest), had to stop couldn't breath. Gutted 10 more minutes and it would have been finish, have to try again now tomorrow. :-(

Oh thats unfortunate :-( i started today but instead of doing the c25k im doing the 7 week training plan from operation transformation. So W1 D1 done for me.

Me too.looking forward to meeting u all. Im not competitive at all so will do it at my own pace . I would really like to jog it all. My legs are short so if a tall person was walking fast i would have to jog along beside them just to keep up hehe... So if the tall person was jogging then im screwed hehe....

Me too.looking forward to meeting u all. Im not competitive at all so will do it at my own pace . I would really like to jog it all. My legs are short so if a tall person was walking fast i would have to jog along beside them just to keep up hehe... So if the tall person was jogging then im screwed hehe....

Ha well I'm 5ft 8 so maybe we be best not to jog together. Might be best for us all to meet after the race at the finish line. I'm not confident in my running and seen as its my first ever run EVER, I might be best to run alone hehe with my big red head

You never been to dublin zoo hon? Its in the same place, it isn't too hard to get to as its north dublin. Roped my mum in too, she can already jog fairly far anyway! Pity about W4D1... Fairly sure that'll happen to me when I try it too hon cuz its a lot of jogging compared to week 3. Gonna do Week 3 again tomorrow and maybe sunday aswell and then do week 4 next week. X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

hi just found this thread.I googles thge c25k plan last night so think i might have a go at it tonight.ive been doing 15 mins on my treadmill most days since xmas but im knackered lol ! i can run for 3 mins walk for 3 etc but think its too hard too soon thats why im hating it! will give this a go later and its a bit more encouraging if u have a plan to follow.it sounds like your all managing it wel though! x

Hiya Chill11 and welcome. This plan isn't too bad this far anyway so good luck. Sarah I've talked my sister into it now too hehe. She's the one I'm bridesmaid for in a few months, she wants to tone up a wee bit before the wedding. Can't wait to meet everyone xx

Hi everyone! Sorry its been sooooooo long. I had some bad news over Christmas and just needed a bit of time but running has really helped me get through the hard stuff and i'm on target for the 5k challenge...i hope everyone is finding the strength in January to keep going!!! And of course happy new year, happy new you to you all!! xxx

Week 4 Day 1 done tonight. I have to admit I found it quite hard. The last 10 seconds of the second 5 minute jog nearly killed me. I had to jog fairly slowly to pace myself. I do not recommend jogging up hill (both my 3 min jogs were up hill with wind and rain in my face). BUT I did it. Phew!

azwethinkweiz/Sarah: 27/11/2011
- Week 1 - 3 complete | W4 D1 complete
MrsLmc/Laura: 29/11/2011
- Week 3 Completed
top_stuff/Jay: 29/11/2011
- Week 1 day 1 completed
hourglasshannah/Hannah: 29/11/2011
- Week 1 day 1 completed
NeedsMotivation: 30/11/2011
-Week 1 Day 2 completed
CarlyLanky140: 02/01/2012
- Week 1 Day 1 completed