Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

i havent got OH to download it yet but treadmill has a timer on it so will have to clock watch and time myself.sat here in joggers and trainers plucking up the courage to hit the treadmill lol...just gonna watch the end of eastenders first!!!:)

Hi everyone,

Well, D2 W1 completed! :D

Really enjoyed it and awarded myself a cappucino in the gym cafe afterwards! (pointed of course..:)) Need to lose weight i put on over xmas so need to be really strict!

Thought i might even try a touch of swimming tomorrow on my "rest day". Does anyone else do any light exercise as well as C25K?

Blue

I do zumba on some of my rest days. I've read alot that trainers recommend that we do crosstraining on rest days to build stength and up indurance levels, including weights on some days. Swimming is a non-weight bearing exercise so is probably perfect. And if you swim with you head under water and breath every 2-4 strokes it improves lung capacity, great for running. I used to swim as a teenager, you'd never know lol..enjoy x

You can do it chill11 :)

Well done BlueMoonBeam! Light exercise between is fine, Laura does zumba in between hers... I'm a lazy sod and have only been doing the c25k lol. X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

right well that wasnt too bad! W1 D1 done and dusted! i sweated more than i did when i was jogging/walking to my own little plan i ve been doing for a couple of weeks! but before id think oh well that will do i have to hoover up yet lol ! nice to have a plan to focus on,not sure i ll say that as the running time increases! good on u lot that actually run outside in all weathers ,i have to motivate myself to go in the cold garage! if anyone else is doing it on a treadmil can u give me a rough idea of what speeds u do? i see someone else mentioned it but couldnt see anything.mine was walking on 6 km/h and jogging on 6.6.no idea if this is fast enough or even if the treadmil is that acurate...its been in hibernation in the garage for 3 yrs! sorry to rabble on but is it beneficial to weight loss/toning to do it more than 3 times a week? i dont do any other exercise apart from a few sit ups.i cant swim either i see some of u do that. got another 2 stone to lose so really wanna do as much as poss .thanks x

is that miles or km? not sure of the difference lol will have to work it out mines in km/h.just realised aswell ive hijacked a ww thread im doing sw !!! i just searched it and this one come up.sorry! hope u dont mind an intruder! haha!

Also remember Laura is 5ft 8 and probably can go a bit faster on the treadmill than a shorter person... I know I probably couldn't do her speeds. I run on the roads so no idea what speed I'm doing lol.

Hello :D everyone is doing fabulously .... had a stupidly busy week at work so missed day 2... plan to do it sat/sun and maybe do 4 one week to make up for it :D.... do you absolutely have to have a rest day between two days?! Coz I could perhaps do sat and sun? I am away in London Monday so will have to miss it whatever happens xx

I did saturday and sunday once. I think its ok near the start of the programme but as it gets harder I think we'll need a rest day in between lol ;) x

Ok :) thanks darling... Still aching after doing it on monday lol... But it is probably the weights and sit ups and weird ski thing that did that!! X

Weights make me ache in places I didn't know existed... I'd definitely say its the weights! Actually, I need to do some weights... tone up a bit ski thing?? All I can think of is a crosstrainer? Or was that a different thing? X

It was like a cross trainer but u kinds pushed ur legs out and bk... Supposed to do abs, glutes and thighs... And by god it did! X

Phew... sounds tough hon. well done! No wonder you're a bit sore after all that exercise! :) xXx

Did day 2 of the operation transformation training plan. It was walk for 3mins then jog for 1.5mins. Repeat 4 times. Did it on the road near my parents house. Im so unfit when it comes to the jogging bit. I can walk for miles but those few mins of jogging wrecked me. It better get easier by 18th feb !!

brien77 said:
Did day 2 of the operation transformation training plan. It was walk for 3mins then jog for 1.5mins. Repeat 4 times. Did it on the road near my parents house. Im so unfit when it comes to the jogging bit. I can walk for miles but those few mins of jogging wrecked me. It better get easier by 18th feb !!

Don't worry hon, I'm the exact same. Can walk for ireland but jogging is much harder. Had to do 5 mins in a row yesterday and thought I would die LOL x

:( not gonna make it to gym today :( will try to go tomorrow.. X

Right girlies, thought I'd do my week 4 day 1 this evening. Just as I started the run my laptop went off!!!! So didn't wanna stop once I'd started so hubby says run steady and just see what you can do, so I ran from 5 mins to 20mins, did 2 minute recovery and ran for 5 more mins, then walked till the 30mins. Felt okay bit tired after it, but okay, did wonders for my confidence.

Ohh and figured out that my treadmill is km so I jog at 8.5km and did 4 km today. :D:D

Well done chick!!!! Xx

Back